We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gave it a second try......and will not give it a third.

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Gave it a second try......and will not give it a third.

We went to De Annas a few weeks ago and the food was not good at all. We decided it needed a second chance and we made a reservation and when we arrived the dining room on the first floor behind the bar was empty. She led us to a table in the bar which was filled to capacity, we asked her if we could have a table in the dining room since we had made a reservation days prior and she said that it was not possible.I pointed to one table in particular that the couple had their money out ready to pay their check and she said that it "was their Anniversary"??? She then ran off into the kitchen and we decided that since the food was not good the first time and we were really just giving it a second try and we were not treated properly, we decided to leave. It is a very nice bar and a great bartender for drinking and chatting, but the food and the attitude are not acceptable.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gave it a second try......and will not give it a third.

I am laughing as I read this. About a year ago I went (my first visit) to De Annas with two friends who raved about it. We met up with 3 of their friends, and had a nice table in the restaurant area. Everyone was drinking, and one of my friends was flagged after two scotch and waters. When she attempted to order the third, as our entrees were served, the female server told her she was too drunk for another drink. Now I agree, my friend is loud, but she is always loud, with or without a drink. She was in no way acting intoxicated, and as I have known her for 20 years, I know by now when she has too much to drink. Also, my other friend was the DD for the night and was drinking Coke. Everyone else was drinking, but the waitress chose to pick on my friend as the 'drunk' at the table.

And, she did this with quite a bit of snotty attitude.

As far as the meal goes, it was OK, but certainly there are places 15 minutes from my house where the food is better.

I agree, the bar is nice, but DeAnnas lost 6 customers that night. My friends eat out at least 3 times per week, and haven't returned and never will!

2. Re: Gave it a second try......and will not give it a third.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Lambertville