We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LBI or Point Pleasant

Lyndhurst, NJ
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
LBI or Point Pleasant

Planning a relaxing, romantic summer weekend getaway with my husband... looking for a quieter part of the shore with great restaurants, friendly locals and nice shops... haven't been to LBI or Point Pleasant so hoping to receive some suggestions... Thanks in advance

Beaufort, North...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: LBI or Point Pleasant

Havent been to point pleasant and havent been to LBI in long time but it was always crowded when I lived close by.It is a very nice beach and lots of shops and restaurants.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LBI or Point Pleasant

Long Beach Island is about 20 miles long with many different communities strung along the length. In the summer, i don't think too many towns that also have shopping, and great restaurants will qualify as not crowded. That said, north on LBI are primarily residential communities such as North Beach, Love Ladies or Harvey Cedars, all very quiet, but less options on accomodations or shopping. I would recommend you look into the historic district of Beach Haven and look into an Inn or B&B. You can walk or bike to most restaurants or shops, there is live professional theater at the Surflight. You may need reservations for dining, or plan for a wait, but it is the busy season. see www.thegableslbi.com for a beautiful inn or romantic dinner site. Post again with any questions.

Ramsey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: LBI or Point Pleasant

Both are crowded in the summer, but I think LBI better fits what you are looking for. Have fun!

4. Re: LBI or Point Pleasant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 05:26
Get answers to your questions about Long Beach Township
More Long Beach Township Topics