We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings at McLoone's Pier House

Laurel, Maryland
2 posts
Save Topic
Weddings at McLoone's Pier House

I am from Maryland but my daughter wants to get married at the Jersey shore. Visited McLoone's but want to know if anyone has had or been to a recent wedding there.

Joann

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,237 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings at McLoone's Pier House

Haven't attended a wedding there, but saw several lovely weddings right on the beach. Don't know if they were run by McLoone's, or by the nearby hotels or other restaurants.

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weddings at McLoone's Pier House

We had a holiday party there, the food and service were excellent. McLoone's is actually raised above the beach, so the view is awesome. Another popular site for a beachfront wedding is the Ocean Place (just down the beach from McLoone's). There are also some nice spots in the Spring Lake/SeaGirt/Manasquan area.

Good Luck, LuvBreezes

Laurel, Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weddings at McLoone's Pier House

Thank you for the info. We did look at Ocean Place but heard they are having some financial problems and some bank is taking over their mortgage, It may be fine, but I'd rather not take a chance of signing a contract and then having it go under or the new management not honoring it.

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weddings at McLoone's Pier House

Ocean plaza or whatever they are called nowadays changes hands and/or names every 5-7 years. It's a nice property, I believe it opened as a hilton. It's the only hotel of any decent quality thats on the beach from asbury park to sandy hook. I would not be concerned about the finanical problems. The hotel is a gold mine during the summer. - I use to live a few block away.

I remember before they built any of the pier village stuff they were offering rooms for 99 dollars during the summer - on the weekend. Now that P village is here the same rooms (remodeled since) were going for around 300. - Again during the summer on a friday or saturday.

I can't see a place like that just shutting down and leaving customers out.

ny
Level Contributor
31 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weddings at McLoone's Pier House

We attended a wedding there last year. The ceremony was on the beach - lovely. The cocktail hour was in a large room on the 2nd floor, overlooking the ocean. Dinner and dancing were in a different room that was equally nice. Food was tasty and plentiful throughout, presentation was nice, and the drinks and service were good as well. McLoone's is a busy place, but they seemed to know what they were doing, and both the guests at the wedding we went to, as well as the parents of the bride (our friends), seemed pleased with everything for their big day.

6. Re: Weddings at McLoone's Pier House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2016, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Long Branch
Recent Conversations