We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can the Manhattan skyline be seen from Downtown Newark?

Which Newark hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Topic
Can the Manhattan skyline be seen from Downtown Newark?

Hey everyone. Even though my profile says that I live in New York City, I actually live and work in Central New Jersey.

All my life I've never been to Newark. However, I'm going to a Seton Hall game in January. So next year I'll get my first taste of Newark.

Truthfully, the only time I've ventured up to the North Jersey area was for a concert at the Izod Center at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford. And while I was up there, I noticed that the Manhattan skyline could be seen from Route 3.

In fact, my friend who was with me said that the Meadowlands is located in "the shadow of the Big Apple".

I realize that Newark is located just south of East Rutherford, and that the Prudential Center is located in Newark's central business district.

Can the Manhattan skyline be seen from Newark's central business district?

Can we say that Downtown Newark is in "the shadow of the Big Apple" as well?

Thanks everyone.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can the Manhattan skyline be seen from Downtown Newark?

Anyone?

Princeton Junction...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can the Manhattan skyline be seen from Downtown Newark?

Both are located in new jersey independent of ny.c

Work, Beach or...
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can the Manhattan skyline be seen from Downtown Newark?

Yes; you can see the skyline from Newark, but you will need to get off the street level for a better view. If you really want a good glimpse, take the PATH over to Exchange Place - it's right on the water across from the city and provides an amazing view.

4. Re: Can the Manhattan skyline be seen from Downtown Newark?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2012, 10:18