We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport ransfer from Newark Airport to JFK

Candolim, India
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport ransfer from Newark Airport to JFK

Hi

I am Indian and travelling to USA first time. I arrive at 12.30 pm ( mid noon) on Friday, 10th August and have another flight at 4.29 pm( after 3 hours and 59 mins before the next flight departs.

When i arrive at Newark airport i will also have to go through the immigration formalities and customs may be. I am sure that would need to check in at the JFK to LA flight atleast an hour before?

I have two two question where i need help of all

1. How long before i have to check in US for a domestic flight

2. whats the best way to go to JFK from Newark so that i definitely get my flight

Deepak

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,457 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport ransfer from Newark Airport to JFK

That is impossible. Look into changing your flights to 1 airport

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport ransfer from Newark Airport to JFK

The best way to get between the two airports would be to get a car service, but even then you do not have enough time to make that connection. Not nearly enough time!

Where are you going from Newark? Can't you get a flight from Newark to where you are headed?

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,921 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport ransfer from Newark Airport to JFK

You need to check in 2 hours before a domestic flight. It will take an hour to get your luggage, clear customs and immigration at EWR. That leaves 1 hour to get to JFK, which is not very likely, except maybe in the middle of the night. It is a 35 minute drive with no traffic, and no traffic on that route is extremely rare. Change your flights so they both operate from the same airport with a minimum 2 hour layover, or there is at least a 6 hour layover between EWR and JFK.. There is only one viable route- see Google Maps.

Edited: 08 August 2012, 11:09
NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport ransfer from Newark Airport to JFK

I think it is doable, but very TiGHT, *if* everything goes according to schedule.

If your inbound flight is delayed whatsoever, you won't be able to make your JFK flight.

Edited: 08 August 2012, 11:59
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,068 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport ransfer from Newark Airport to JFK

This sounds very unlikely to me too but if you cannot change your flights then the most reliable means of transportation is to use the AIRTRAIN to Penn Station and then the Long Island Railroad to Jamaica Station where you would transfer to AIRTRAIN (a different AIRTRAIN) to JFK

See tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28951-c176589/New-Je…

This route is not subject to traffic delays but frankly, the entire things sounds doubtfull to me

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport ransfer from Newark Airport to JFK

The Newark Airtrain doesn't go to NY Penn Station. It goes to the Newark Airport Station. Where you get a NJTransit train to New York.

7. Re: Airport ransfer from Newark Airport to JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 12:17