We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ellis Island Tour

Halifax,West...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ellis Island Tour

Hi there, I am about to book some advance tickets for Ellis Island ( to avoid long queues as we are three middle aged ladies with restricted mobility )The site is asking us which departure point we will travel from.The first point is Battery Park,Manhattan and the second is Central Railroad of New Jersey Terminal within Liberty State Park in Jersey City, New Jersey. We are staying at The Hilton and Penn Station Newark will be our nearest station .Can anyone suggest the easiest route for us as we get easily confused having many Senior moments between all three of us.And also travel directions for the best route.Many thanks.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ellis Island Tour

For three people much less those with mobility issues I wouldn't do anything except a taxi.

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ellis Island Tour

you can take the PATH train to exchange place in jersey city and cab to liberty park or take the PATH to lower manhatten and cab to the battery

it depends if you want a longer boat ride from the battery or a shorter boat ride from liberty. If the weather is nice the views are spectacular, and I would opt for the trip from manhatten, but since you are booking in advance you have to take a chance on the weather.

3. Re: Ellis Island Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 10:17