We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City bus schedules in Newark

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
City bus schedules in Newark

Where can i find a schedule of city buses in Newark. I realize I can take the hotel shuttle to the airport and go from there, but I am not sure I want to use that option all the time. I'm looking mainly for city bus routes around Newark other than the tourist sites.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,604 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City bus schedules in Newark

Where are you trying to go?

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
52 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City bus schedules in Newark

Is there a city bus company? If so, where can I find the schedule and/or timetable

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City bus schedules in Newark

Go to this site. www.njtransit.com and look at bus schedules....there is a list and you can see the routes for each one....some go through Newark....

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,604 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City bus schedules in Newark

New jersey transit is a statewide system with a terotory stretching from outside of Newburgh NY to Wilmington De.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City bus schedules in Newark

Be careful; there are some dangerous areas in Newark. You might want to post your hotel location and destinations within Newark, and seek further advice.

New Hope...
Level Contributor
734 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City bus schedules in Newark

I agree with the above statement. You don't want to take the city buses in Newark.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,604 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City bus schedules in Newark

I disagree in that i just relized most of the sights in Newark are best acsessed by either the Newark ligjt rail or newark city subway.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: City bus schedules in Newark

I agree with AE I work in Newark and use the light rail every day. Like any urban area yo need to be aware of where you are in town, but it is no different then Philly or NYC

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: City bus schedules in Newark

Hello stevb1953… Newark has excellent bus services. Buses depart to almost everywhere: PA, NJ, NYC, DE. If what you want to do is go around the city or near by check the New Jersey Transit site, they have pretty updated information and normally the times and schedules are accurate. How ever, my advice is to take the hotel shuttle as much as you can. It is safe and for free. And also be careful with the places you visit. Newark is pretty safe but there are some areas you should avoid or I am sure you don’t want to visit.

10. Re: City bus schedules in Newark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 07:16