We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the "arrivals area" at Newark Airport?

Texas
Level Contributor
821 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the "arrivals area" at Newark Airport?

Hello, everyone

We are flying in on United to Newark airport, will pick up our checked bags and are being told to meet our ride in the "arrivals area" outside the baggage carousels.

I just want to get a clearer picture--it is outside as in a bus-stop-like area where someone can drive the car right up to where we would be standing with our luggage?

Will the number of the arrivals area we are in be clearly visible (I know--these sound maybe like silly questions, but as I stated, I'm a bit confused and don't want to make a mistake with bags to haul around, etc.)

Thank you all for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Piscataway, New...
Level Contributor
315 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the "arrivals area" at Newark Airport?

Hi Jane2travel. The curbside pickup area is not like a bus stop. It's more like a very long sidewalk. If it is not too busy, someone can drive the car right up to where you are. If it is busy, they may have to stop on the other side of a car that is already waiting and you just walk a few feet into the road to get to the car.

The security/police do not let cars linger too long. I would call the person picking you up as soon as you get outside. Give them some kind of description of you or let them know if you are standing next to something that is easy to spot (big sign, etc.) so you will be much more easier to find.

The number of the arrivals area? There are signs on the roadway that will guide the person coming to get you to the right place. From the inside of the airport, I believe there are signs (sorry, my mind was on auto-pilot last time I was at the airport so I didn't pay much attention to the signs)

If you still need help while at the airport, there are workers around in various places that can help you too.

Hope this helps.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the "arrivals area" at Newark Airport?

I would get your driver's cell phone number and give him yours. That way you will be able to pinpoint your exact location for him.

Texas
Level Contributor
821 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the "arrivals area" at Newark Airport?

Thank you both, yes we have his phone number and will call him. Thank you.

4. Re: Where is the "arrivals area" at Newark Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 06:16