We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark Airport to Statue of Liberty

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Newark Airport to Statue of Liberty

We are arriving Newark Liberty Airport on 7/20th at 8:30pm. I am staying overnight with my 13 yr old son before leaving for Germany on 7/21st out of Newark . We just need to get to Newark Liberty Airport by 4pm on 7/21st. So we pretty much have a good half day to explore.

(1) Would going to Statue of Liberty feasible? That means we will need to find ways to get from Newark to Statue of Liberty and than back to Newark. Is that feasible on a Monday?

(2) Do we have enough time to do that or anything else on that Monday?

(3) What is the easiest way to get from point A to B and back? Should we hire a car driver or taxi?

(4) Can we still hike up the Statue of Liberty?

Thanks in advance.

Edited: 05 March 2014, 05:55
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark Airport to Statue of Liberty

The Statue of Liberty is an all day thing. I wouldn't do it. I would have a cab drive he Bay Extension. You can see the SOL from there

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,490 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark Airport to Statue of Liberty

I believe AERULES is referring to going to Liberty State Park to get views of SOL and Ellis Island. You can read reviews of the park here and almost all will comment on how great the views are tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g46531-d54…

This is how good the view is -- I found it by google for views of SOL from LSP tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g46531-Jersey…

It might even be cheaper to rent a small car rather than pay for a cab but if you do this I'd have good maps or a GPS

Edited: 05 March 2014, 13:16
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,490 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark Airport to Statue of Liberty

If you want to get an idea of what a taxi will cost give a call to either of the Newark or Elizabeth taxi commisions -- they can give you a pretty good estimate. Both cities service EWR but the rates will be the same so it shouldn't matter which you call.

Newark Taxi Commission (973) 733-8912

Elizabeth Taxi Commission (908) 820-4000, Ext. 4178

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Newark Airport to Statue of Liberty

The view of lower Manhattan is terrific from Liberty State Park.

You however do not get the full frontal photo shot of Lady Liberty.

5. Re: Newark Airport to Statue of Liberty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:28