We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PM & AM in Newark, want to show NYC to grandkids, best way?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
10 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
PM & AM in Newark, want to show NYC to grandkids, best way?

Arriving Newark 4:30 PM one day, leaving 1:00 next day. Grand kids (9 & 13) may not be back for ages so want them to see what they can in this short time. Can you recommend something safe for the three of us to see some sights of NYC? Can't afford private limo!

Also if you can recommend best hotel to do this from I'd appreciate it!

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PM & AM in Newark, want to show NYC to grandkids, best way?

That really just allows you the evening...if you have an international flight the next day you will need to be back and checked in by 10 AM, domestic by 11...

.any place you go will be safe...

But, I would suggest dinner and then TOTR (Top of the Rock)...take NJ Transit train into NYC and.use the subway to get around...the kids will love it!....

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
10 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PM & AM in Newark, want to show NYC to grandkids, best way?

Thanks I will look into that. We actually leave on an international flight at 6:30 so I should have listed it that way.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PM & AM in Newark, want to show NYC to grandkids, best way?

So, then you would have the next morning...Central Park would be a good activity ...I've stayed at the Lucerne hotel with my grandson which was a short walk to Central Park...Again, using the subway to get there from TOTR.

After that you can return to Newark Airport on the train.

www.NJtransit.com

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
10 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PM & AM in Newark, want to show NYC to grandkids, best way?

good suggestion that I will look into, thanks!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PM & AM in Newark, want to show NYC to grandkids, best way?

I would take them to toys r us in times square It has a Ferris wheel inside and many unique displays not seen in normal tru,

actors in character costumes hang outside . Be aware they are not tru employees but actors looking to make tips if you have a picture taken with them.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,068 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PM & AM in Newark, want to show NYC to grandkids, best way?

What date are you doing this?

7. Re: PM & AM in Newark, want to show NYC to grandkids, best way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 05:17