We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark Penn Station to Newark Airport without airtrain

Which Newark hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Newark Penn Station to Newark Airport without airtrain

I'd like to take the train from Manhattan to Newark Penn Station, then - since the airtrain is down til July - take the substitute shuttle bus to Newark airport. Can anyone with experience with that bus give me an idea of how reliable it is & how much extra time to leave? I'm trying to avoid the expense of a cab, but not sure I trust the bus. The NJ Transit site says to leave extra travel time and expect delays, which is not very encouraging...

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,792 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark Penn Station to Newark Airport without airtrain

We're waiting to hear people experiences -- I've heard nothing as yet

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark Penn Station to Newark Airport without airtrain

I'm actually going tomorrow, will report back :-) planning to leave lots of extra time, but hopefully won't need it... wish me luck!

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark Penn Station to Newark Airport without airtrain

I'm also looking forward to hearing how long it takes to get to Newark Airport while the AirTrain is down. I have three flights from EWR in the coming months and really hope it doesn't add a lot of time getting there from Penn Station!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newark Penn Station to Newark Airport without airtrain

OK, happy to say my trip with the shuttle was smooth & super quick this morning! train from NY Penn Station arrived Newark Penn Station 9:18. big clear signs to the bus, then boarding was quick, with one agent taking tickets & another putting bags in luggage compartment, in order by airport terminal. very efficient. bus left station 9:29 (the minute everyone was on) & I was inside terminal B with my bag at 9:44. I'm sure it helped that there wasn't much traffic & that my terminal was the first stop, but my experience was excellent, and I'd do it again. easier than expected, & better than the airtrain, imho. give it a try. just leave a little extra time for traffic. good luck!

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
10,792 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newark Penn Station to Newark Airport without airtrain

Great to hear, thanks for reporting in

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Newark Penn Station to Newark Airport without airtrain

I am not an experienced traveler and I had no problems figuring it out.If you can get from the train to the bus without 3 or 4 staff in red jackets trying to help you I would be surprised.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
270 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Newark Penn Station to Newark Airport without airtrain

Opposite direction question. I 'm arriving at some terminat . Will look for shuttle to Penn Station, then how easy is it to buy ticket and head to Long Branch at 7:30pm on a weekday?

Thanks,

8. Re: Newark Penn Station to Newark Airport without airtrain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 05:17