We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gas near airport

Which Newark hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
331 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Gas near airport

We'll have a rental car to return at the airport - coming from Edison. Where do you recommend filling the tank before turning it back in. I'm thinking around Edison would be too far and would need to get some closer to the airport.

1. Re: Gas near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 19:32
Edited: 03 September 2014, 19:32
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gas near airport

There is a WAWA on 1/9 south of the airport in Elizabeth

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gas near airport

If you google "gas stations near ewr" you'll get a map with gas stations as well as other links of people with the same question

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,614 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gas near airport

Edison is not far from Newark Airport, but wanting to be closer to the airport Linden or Elizabeth along route 1/9 would be your best choices. Check GassBuddy for prices:

newjerseygasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,292 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gas near airport

New Jersey state law prohibits self-serve gas stations. So don't be surprised when the cheap gas station is entirely full-serve!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
331 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gas near airport

I've never heard of WAWA stations but looked them up and found the one near the airport. I think we'll go with that one. Someone said something about full serve stations. I know we always have to remember that when we go to Oregon because we are so used to self serve ones and forget to stay in the car. So....I guess that is how it is in New Jersey also. For our info are they all full serve stations in the whole state???? Anybody know about Pennsylvania - are they also full serve???

Thank you.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gas near airport

Even with full serve m I laike to get out of the car. WAWA is a NJ instituion.

Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gas near airport

PA is self serve. NJ Full server throughout. I always thought Wawa was a PA chain that only recently entered NJ

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gas near airport

. I'm 25 and have been going to WAWA for 25 years. To quote the Bloodhound Gang "Do you even know what a WAWA is girl?"

Edited: 06 September 2014, 03:01
new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,614 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gas near airport

FerndaleGirl ~ You are correct, NJ & Oregon are the both (& the only) full-serve gas station states.

If you check the GassBuddy map I linked above, you may find a better choice than WaWa—which is usually good but not always best. Along route 1/9, which would be your best route from Edison, Linden & Elizabeth are within a mile or so of EWR.

Get answers to your questions about Newark