We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Newark airport to JFK airport

Henderson, NV and...
Level Contributor
580 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Newark airport to JFK airport

I know a taxi would be the easiest but it is the most expensive. I think there is an express bus which would take you into NYC and then another bus to JFK. Please advise if anyone has done is recently or has a better idea. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Newark airport to JFK airport

there is a shuttle van service that comes from NJ and goes to EWR and then continues on to JFK

www.goairporter.com

otherwise, yes, you have to go through Manhattan using combination of train, bus, subway

Mentioned in this post
Henderson, NV and...
Level Contributor
580 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Newark airport to JFK airport

I got info on the shuttle but they do not start till 7am. The flight I want to catch is at 9am so that does not give me a lot of time since they want you there 1 1/2 hrs ahead. Would it be easier to take the bus to Port Authority and then another bus or is it better to take the subway/train?? I don't think there will be too much traffic the day after Xmas but who knows. I could get a later flight but would like to get back out to Vegas ASAP. Thanks for any other thoughts.

Mentioned in this post
NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Newark airport to JFK airport

Taking the bus is better when you have a lot of luggage because you don't have to go up and down stairs which you will have to do with the subway and train.

The bus that goes between EWR and Manhattan is operated by www.coachusa.com

The bus that goes between Manhattan and JFK is operated by www.nyairportservice.com

Mentioned in this post
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Newark airport to JFK airport

Could you consider flying out of EWR instead of out of JFK? There definitely will be lots of traffic on the day after Christmas, since this is a BIG shopping day, with some stores opening early to catch the crowds.

Mentioned in this post
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from Newark airport to JFK airport

If you are defintiely flying out of JFK on December 26, consider avoiding Manhattan altogether by taking a taxi to JFK via the Verrazano Bridge.

From the www.nycvisit.com website:

"Newark Liberty International Airport to JFK INternational Airport Flat fare is $75 plus toll. $7 Verrazano Bridge toll must be paid by passenger for driver's return trip."

Mentioned in this post
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Henderson, NV and...
Level Contributor
580 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get from Newark airport to JFK airport

Thanks for all the information. We decided to take the airporter shuttle after all. We probably won't make the 9 am flight but since we're flying standby we'll be there ready for the next one at 12. I hope the traffic may be lighter than expected and who knows we may be able to catch the earlier one. Thanks again for all the replies.

Bkk
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get from Newark airport to JFK airport

hi doyou know how to get to JFK from Newark airport? Becuase my friend and i fly on a different airline and different date and also different airport...

it's gonna be my frist time in America. is there anyway to go straight from newark to JFK without stop or change (not include taxi or limo though)? and if there's not... which way is another choice? thanks so much ...

Mentioned in this post
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to get from Newark airport to JFK airport

The same Olympic Airporter also goes from JFK direct to EWR.

www.olympicairporter.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to get from Newark airport to JFK airport

Hello, can i reach JFK airport by Taxi at 5:00 pm if i arrive to Newark airport at 3:30?

Mentioned in this post
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to get from Newark airport to JFK airport

no