We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OC Restaurants

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
984 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
OC Restaurants

Going to be in OCNJ from Oct 1 thru Oct 5 (Sunday thru Thursday). We're staying at a B&B so breakfast is taken care of. I'm looking for nice dinner restaurants that will be open weekdays in October. I looked at a few (Spadafora for example) that close in late September. I know there have to be restaurants that stay open but I haven't found them yet. Any suggestions?

Ocean City, New...
Level Contributor
868 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: OC Restaurants

Piccinni on West is one, but there are also many right across the bridge in Somers Point. Crab Trap, Charlies, Anchorage, Buon Appetito, Sals, etc.

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
984 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OC Restaurants

Thanks for the tips. I don't mind heading over the bridge one evening for dinner but I would prefer dinner places we could walk to in OC.

Piccinni looks good. The seafood alfredo sounds delicious. And I am interested in the Crab Trap as well.

3. Re: OC Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 July 2017, 16:00
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,776 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OC Restaurants

Well here's a list of all of the restaurants. Maybe it will help the forum regulars to recall which of them will be open during your visit. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g466…

Also, I would expect your hosts at the Inn to be able to give you some directions too.

Just curious, what do you plan to do with your time there?

Edited: 27 July 2017, 15:26
Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
984 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OC Restaurants

What do we plan to do? Fair question.

First of all I am a photographer so photography is an important part of what I am looking for. Now I will do your basic beautiful sunrise over the ocean with a pier in the foreground type of photos but my real interest is people, the boardwalk, the town and the people who like to also visit when the coast is clear. Go to the OC webcams (there are 71 of them in OC alone) and see that right now it is a zoo. The bicyclists on the boardwalk look more dangerous the the taxis I dodge in NYC where I go often to shoot on the streets. No, I am trying to capture the quiet times in towns along the Jersey shore... indeed when the coast is clear. I don't know if you are familiar with the song. Here are some lyrics from "When the Coast is Clear" by Jimmy Buffett.

"They're closin' down the hangout

The air is turnin' cool

They're shuttin' off the superslide"

The kids are back in school

The tourist traps are empty

Vacancy abounds

Almost like it used to be

Before the circus came to town

That's when it always happens

Same time every year

I come down to talk to me

When the coast is clear"

This kinda leads in to the second thing I plan to so and that is to just chill and relax. I am hoping to spend some time such sitting on the beach (in jeans and sweatshirt if necessary) and enjoying the sounds of the surf, breathing in the sea air and relaxing. I mentioned Bar Harbor/Acadia where we visit every year. We've done the hikes and such. Now (we're 68 yo) we like to spend time on the rocks along Ocean Drive just sitting in our chairs and enjoying the view. We do the same at Seawall if you re familiar with the area.

And third, we like to eat.

We have kids that are now in their 30s and 40s and grandkids as well. I like kids but when I am on vacation, I like peace and quiet which doesn't often come from being surrounded by kids and their crazed parents (this is not going to win me friends!) so we vacation either in early June before school is out or mid- to late September to mid-October after they have returned to school.

You asked a simple question and now had a chance to read my long-winded answer.

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
984 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OC Restaurants

Thanks rship1. My wife in particular enjoys birding. We've been to Forsythe several times.

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
984 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OC Restaurants

Back on topic. OCNJ restaurants open in October? Suggestions please.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OC Restaurants

I took it away, it's not about restaurants

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
984 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: OC Restaurants

No, I was afraid I derailed it with my ramble about what I want to do in OCNJ in October. Often I say too much which drags things off topic. Right now I am looking for places to dine in OCNJ proper. Some place that we might even be able to walk to.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
314 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: OC Restaurants

I think Vittorio's stays open for 4 or 5 days a week in October. Very good Italian food and friendly service. Rojo's Taco's is very good - although it's more of a taco stand than a restaurant. Yianni's Cafe should be open, but that's been hit or miss for us. Great meals sometimes and not so great on other visits.

Also, if Hula Grill on the boardwalk is open, it's worth a stop. If it's decent enough weather, they may be open that week. And of course, a pizza run to Manco & Manco's is a must.

Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations