We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean City, New Jersey: Senior Week

1 post
Save Topic
Ocean City, New Jersey: Senior Week

Does anybody know of/ does anybody have a senior week rental that isn't overly expensive for 9 people? We're having a really tough time with finding one. We're a really good group, extremely respectful and won't be having any parties in any house we rent. We'd rather rent a house/condo/townhouse as opposed to a hotel. If anyone could help out in anyway we'd really appreciate it!

5 replies to this topic
Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Cape May, Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean City, New Jersey: Senior Week

Have you tried VRBO, Homeaway, Airbnb?

The issue is although you are a good group of kids, most owners do not want to take a chance on renting to a large group of kids for fear of damage and then subsequent loss of income.

A hotel/motel is probably your best bet, but may be hard to find as well.

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
8,165 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean City, New Jersey: Senior Week

"We're a really good group, extremely respectful and won't be having any parties in any house we rent. "

Many a renter has heard that line before. Next thing you know, someone comes by with a few cases of beer and some of their friends, the party goes till 2am, and the owner finds out the cops were called to the house because the drunks are urinating on the neighbor's property.

You're not going to find what you're looking for. The adults you're trying to rent from were your age once too. They know what happens.

Ocean City, New...
Level Contributor
868 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean City, New Jersey: Senior Week

I think you'll have a hard time inOC. Not many are willing to rent your Senior Week indviduals.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,771 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean City, New Jersey: Senior Week

We used to be a good group of girls renting for the whole summer for three years right behind the College Grill (which was beside Bob's at the boardwalk). That being the case I felt I could rent our Cape Cod summer home to some college girls who said these same words (as in the original post above) and yet the cops were called on their first night in the house due to noise and crying.

Addtionally (and something you kids might want to think about) there were people sleeping everywhere and so they were far beyond the town's occupancy limit which is against the law. I called and told them that I had the right to evict them immediately without refund per the lease that they signed. However our realtor went over and talked with them then calmed me down so that the girls could stay for the rest of the week.

Somehow things just don't work out as planned and vacation home owners seem to know this either by experience like me or by hearing about these rentals.

Ocean City, New...
Level Contributor
868 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean City, New Jersey: Senior Week

Our upstairs neighbor rented to a Senior Week group one year. The results...more garbage than you'd believe, people sleeping in the garage and on garbage bags, a hole punched in a wall, and burn marks all over the carpet. Frankly, you couldn't pay enough for most folks to rent to you, and especially in OC. Try Wildwood. Sorry but it's just the reality of the situation.

Reply to: Ocean City, New Jersey: Senior Week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations