We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Jersey shore hotel on the beach recomendation wanted....

W Yorks
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New Jersey shore hotel on the beach recomendation wanted....

Im looking at taking a trip down to the NJ shore for 4 nights, all i want to do is chill out and sit on the beach, i want to walk as little as possible to the beach and am looking for a nice comfortable hotel that overlooks or is litterally on the beach! recomendations appreciated. Have never been down there before and am NOT interested in going to Atlantic City, just a small town on the shore for chilling out :)

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Jersey shore hotel on the beach recomendation wanted....

I see you posted on the OC forum, and it is a well loved family beach town. I do not know it well enough to recommend hotels there, but if you look thru the hotel reviews on this site for OC you can get an idea. If you would consider Long Beach Island, i would look into the Engleside Hotel in Beach Haven. On the beach, in the historic district within walking distance to restaurants, the Surflight theater and shopping. www.engleside.com. There are also reviews on this site. The restaurant is good, and the poolside sand bar is a great place for casual food.

W Yorks
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Jersey shore hotel on the beach recomendation wanted....

oops yeh maybe i selected the wrong forum, honestly im not real bothered where down the shore i stay, ill check the Engleside Hotel out and the other places with pleasure, thanks for the info.

thnaks for the info

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Jersey shore hotel on the beach recomendation wanted....

A wonderful Jersey Shore town is Spring Lake.

http://www.springlake.org/

But the beachfront hotel, The Breakers, gets mixed reviews and I would not recommend it.

4. Re: New Jersey shore hotel on the beach recomendation wanted....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 15:16