We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean City, Locations?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean City, Locations?

I'm planning to go to ocean city the end of Aug. I was try to find a good location for a family with small children. I was looking onto condos. But I don't want to be too loud at night, but I would like to be in walking distance. I was wondering what area would be best location? And is the bay side very far from the action? I was looking at Bay Ave area.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean City, Locations?

I personally like the north end of the Boardwalk, just past where the amusements end. Specifically, 3rd, 4th, 5th, Park Place, Brighton and Corinthian. Wonderland, which is an amusement building for small children is on the corner of 6th and Boardwalk. There is then a large parking lot and a recreational area (volly ball, shuffle board, etc) then 5th. There is a little noise from the roller coaster at Wonderland, but you are far enough away where it is not over bearing and you can not hear it inside the house. The other streets mentioned besides 5th do not get boardwalk noise at all.

All these streets are a short walk to the beginning of the amusement section of the boardwalk also. I'm heading there in a week. Can't wait!

Westernmass

Pcean City, NJ
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean City, Locations?

I would agree that you look into the north end. We are on Pennlyn Place which is between 2 and 3 street. Our street is just 3 blocks long and really goes no where so traffic is a minimum. The boardwalk is just down the block and the amusement part of the boardwalk is just 7 short blocks to the south. These streets are very family oriented and a perfect place for folks with kids.

Depending on where you are on the island, Bay Ave can be either a long hike to the beach or an incredibly long hike to the beach. I would suggest checking any address in Mapquest to get an idea of exactly how many blocks away the beach is.

Also, Bay avenue is somewhat of a North/South therefore through Ocean City - not as bad as West Ave but it is something we use a lot when heading to the south end of town.

As with most resports, the closer you are to the beach, the higher the price.

west chester, pa
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean City, Locations?

Bay Ave. is not where you want to be.

Try The Georgian Hotel at 1120 Central Ave. OC, NJ It has a pool, coffee and little donuts in the AM, about 2 1/2 blocks to the beach and boardwalk. Away from the center of town for the quiet nights but close enough to walk to most everything. Very good prices. Not the fanciest but nice people and clean rooms. Rooms have a microwave and refrigerator in each room and they have adjoining rooms for some privacy from the kids, but as close as the other side of the bathroom door. A nice grill outside to cook some burgers, etc. and tables around the pool. A nice place to visit.

Malvern, PA
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean City, Locations?

If your children are not school age yet I would suggest that you wait until September. Prices are cheaper. Depending on the time of the year you could rent a house rather then a condo for the same price. I would suggest any street from central or wesley to the ocean. You will want the north end of the island. Anywhere from 18th and lower. If you are interested for the week of Aug 6th or Sept. let me know. I have a 4 br 2 1/2 ba on Wesley still available for those weeks. It is a great location and a brand new house.

Richboro, PA
Level Contributor
214 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean City, Locations?

I agree about September, it's aboutslutley beautiful down the shore then and much quieter and less busy. We stay on 36th street and can walk to the large playground on 34th street and some shops and resturants. Once you get away from the boardwalk area it's pretty quiet everywhere on the island. Try contacting a realtor down in Ocean City for help with condo. Google Monihan Realty, Berger Realty or Grace Realty in Ocean City they all can help you and you can look at condos on line with inside and outside photos and most have maps that will show you where the condos are in realtion to the beach.

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean City, Locations?

i suggest going to watsons regency on 9TH street it has a full kitchen and a indoor the which is great for the kids and it's 1 block from beach and boardwalk check it out the staff is nice to