We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Ocean city, new jersey

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster. PA
7 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Ocean city, new jersey

Hello- this will be the first time my family will be vacationing in Ocean City NJ. We have no idea where to stay where the beach is not too crowded but still in close proximity to boards... is the North or South end more desirable? where are the most traffic/crowds located?

We have a few options- One on second street, One on 5th, and one on Central between 18th and 19th streets.

What would you guys recommend?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,514 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay in Ocean city, new jersey

WesternMass...and many of the Cape Codders we know vacation in Maine! Go north young man??? ;-)

Pcean City, NJ
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay in Ocean city, new jersey

Westernmass,

The rents are high because the purchase prices are also high and most folks have a big monthly payment to cover.

Last week in the Sentinel there was an article saying that Cape May County was going to make OC re-evaluate values for their property taxes as the county was getting short changed. Values in OC are going up about 2% a month. That's 24% a year, so expect the rental rates on newer houses to do about the same thing!

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay in Ocean city, new jersey

Pennlyn,

24% WOW! With the price of houses down there, I don't know how anyone can afford to live there! And, I thought Massachusetts was expensive! ;-)