We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheaper to rent a car or get bus from new york to ocean city

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Cheaper to rent a car or get bus from new york to ocean city

Is it cheaper to rent a car and drive down to ocean city from new york city or to get the bus or train.. there is 4 of us altogether going down

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheaper to rent a car or get bus from new york to ocean city

Don't know about the cost, but the easiest will be to rent a car. There is no train service to Ocean City and I think by bus you would need to change in AC. Check out NJtransit.com

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,600 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheaper to rent a car or get bus from new york to ocean city

I'm no sure how much the bus is or if it is direct to OC. I know the 319 goes from NY to AC with one stop in Toms River. I beleve you have to get a different bus to OC in AC

www.njtransit.com

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28951-i77-k296347…

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheaper to rent a car or get bus from new york to ocean city

I suggest you to take a car in rent. Traveling by car is relaxful journey. There are many car rental service available. You can search on internet for reasonable one.

[url=http://www.silverstarlimo.com/]bus rental nyc[/url]

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,784 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheaper to rent a car or get bus from new york to ocean city

If you don't have a problem with driving in the US (and the round abouts or rotary circles in NJ) then, by far, you will be more happy with a car rental. However, since you mention the cost of the rental, I wonder if you must rent in NYC where I would expect it to be the highest and with the most fees and taxes. While you are doing your search be sure to include Enterprise into your search.

Good luck and have fun.

5. Re: Cheaper to rent a car or get bus from new york to ocean city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations