We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean City or Wildwood?

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
28 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean City or Wildwood?

Last year we went to Wildwood with our 1 1/2 year old and we had a great time! It was relaxing on the beach and the boardwalk rides (for her) were great. We also loved the kid section in the waterpark. we stayed at a condo with a kitchen so we were able to do many meals in the condo and only ate out a couple of times (lobster house in cape may, mack's pizza, and dragon house chinese).

we were going to go back to wildwood this year because we figured our now 2 1/2 year old would enjoy it more. then 2 people suggested ocean city. so i was curious- how does ocean city compare to wildwood?

it seems like there are plenty of rides for her to go on. is there a waterpark with splash zone? are there only hotels/motels or can we rent a place with a kitchen? any suggestions would be helpful!

thanks

Allentown...
Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean City or Wildwood?

I love both OC and WW. The water is closer to the boardwalk in OC, it tends to attract a slightly classier crowd and the shops on average are a bit nicer than Wildwood. As a taffy nut I find more varieties of Taffy in OC. You will have a good time with rides in both locations. I think OC does a better job with small children's rides and WW offers more rides to teens and adults. The down side to OC is it is smaller and more expensive than WW. Take it as positive or negative but there is no tramcar on the OC boardwalk (my wife loves the tramcar). Honestly if you have not been to OC you really should check it out for yourself. The two towns are so close that even if you stay at one you can spend time at the other and it is a very short drive. To me a summer is not complete unless I can visit both towns. Have a great time and post here about your trip!

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,380 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean City or Wildwood?

If you do go to OC, one of your first stops should be Johnson's Popcorn (several locations on the Boardwalk). Five words: Giant tub of caramel corn.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean City or Wildwood?

,,,and that would be before or after Mac n' Manco's?

Belle, this question comes up fairly often on this forum; there are many informative threads you can pull up if you type "Wildwood" into the search window above.

If you've never been to OC, it's certainly worth a visit to help you decide on future stays.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean City or Wildwood?

Try Preps Pizza, IMHO it beats Mack and Manco's :-)

5. Re: Ocean City or Wildwood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 03:15