We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Causeway Bridge Open.......what a view!!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Causeway Bridge Open.......what a view!!

If you have not been to OC lately, you may or may not like what they have done to the former Somers Point Circle (hey, they may have to rename the liquor store) , as of today it's still a somewhat confusing construction zone, but the big news is this:

The east-bound lanes of the eastern "skyscraper" bridge are open to traffic, and wait until you see the "panoramic view" it affords of the north end of the town as you 'round the pinnacle....

Certainly I would be exaggerating if I said it was like coming in from an airplane, but almost as cool....it kinda gave me goosebumps nevertheless....

I've always gotten a welcoming thrill all the times I have come over that causeway when I caught the first glimpse of OC, but wait until you see the new "presentation"...it's breathtaking!

Level Contributor
244 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Causeway Bridge Open.......what a view!!

Looking forward to it!

2. Re: Causeway Bridge Open.......what a view!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 23:43
Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Causeway Bridge Open.......what a view!!

You are so right...the view is great! This is our second weekend coming into OC on the new bridge and it is great! Had a dusky/nighttime view on Friday and with the Wonderland ferris wheel lights on it's great! Only problem is that it is over before you know it!

On the Somers Point side it looked like the work has really picked up too! Last Friday it looked like the train bridge replacement on Shore Road was almost completed. Noticed last weekend that the new backup may now be the traffic lights that replaced the Somers Point Circle. They have another new set of lights up and covered and they are finishing up a lot of paving in that area so I think the traffic pattern will soon be different from what we've had most of the winter.

It won't be long now before we're having to explain to new folks why Circle Liquors is called Circle Liquors! I keep having to change directions for our renters and friends who visit us in OC. But it will be so much better than what happened to OC when the old 9th Street Bridge got stuck open in the summer!

Level Contributor
78 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Causeway Bridge Open.......what a view!!

Took our first trip over the new bridge on Saturday, and you are so right, what a view and what an improvement! We were down less than a month ago and I couldn't believe how much work had been done.

Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
19 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Causeway Bridge Open.......what a view!!

I agree daddio361, I too got goosebumps when we got to the top of the new causeway and saw the vista of Ocean City and the ocean beyond. We used it for the first time in May and I have to say that it was the best ride into town in the 38 years that we have been going to OC.

6. Re: Causeway Bridge Open.......what a view!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2012, 05:24