We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Channel loves OC Boardwalk!!

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Channel loves OC Boardwalk!!

Travel Channel says Ocean City Boardwalk among best in U.S.

Ocean City Boardwalk was named one of the top six boardwalks in the United States by the Travel Channel.

The Cape May County resort was the only one in New Jersey that made the list.

“Ocean City’s 2.5-mile promenade wins our hearts with its family-oriented attractions,” reported the Travel Channel. “We appreciate its family-oriented water park, mini golf and kiddie rides, plus its Family Nights with free concerts, dancing and roving magicians.”

The Travel Channel also awarded the city “New Jersey’s Most Popular Beach.”

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Channel loves OC Boardwalk!!

I agree with OC, but how does Wildwood not make it?

Morris County, NJ
Level Contributor
698 posts
791 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Channel loves OC Boardwalk!!

Both Wildwood and Ocean City are excellent choices. I have been to both and each has their individual charms.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Channel loves OC Boardwalk!!

I think many of these "Best of" or "Top 10" lists are very subjective. You look at some of the lists and wonder what they were thinking as they compare locations that are so very different. Also, they are many times geographically biased to one are of the country. Sometimes, it's alos based on which town buys more advertising for their venue.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Channel loves OC Boardwalk!!

I go to both Wildwood and Ocean City boardwalks, while my famliy and I like Wildwood better than Ocean City's, OC has a few things they do better. Wildwood's boardwalk was named No. 1 Beach Boardwalk for Families” by Family Vacation Critic. Wildwood has the tram car and Morey's Piers has better rides than Castaway Cove and Wonderland added together. While I don't know the exact distance of store fronts on each boardwalk, it takes much longer to walk past all of the shops in Wildwood than Ocean City. Another factor that I place in Wildwood's favor is that it cost less per night to stay in Wildwood. Still the two cities should not compete but find ways to work together, they are in the same county and so close. They should run something like the thundercat back and forth between the two boardwalks as rapid transit.

5. Re: Travel Channel loves OC Boardwalk!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2013, 10:18