We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
867 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

What are some good places to eat on or near the boardwalk?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,971 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

Lots of casual dining in OCNJ. If you are looking for something more upscale you might be better off, sorry to say, going over to Somer's Point.

So that you can get some specifics why not reveal what sort of dining you would like?

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

And, in case you did not Know OC is a dry town so no restaurants will serve alcoholic beverages.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
867 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

We like outside seating and a mixed menu for some who want seafood or some that want burgers.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
867 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Thats ok as far as being a dry town, i am going with some family and will have my daughter niece and nephew there. We will be doing family and kids stuff. Any restaurants serve or do neat things for kids or any neat kid things to do?

Edited: 16 May 2013, 16:57
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,971 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g46696-d15…

Sorry but OCNJ is not the place to find very special or unique dining certainly compared with other vacation towns imho. But, since you have kids you'll find a lot of spots with a varied menu. If it were me I would choose places with a view of the ocean like Bob's Grill and others for simple fare.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
867 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Places with a view are nice and outside places. Are there any places that have kids playgrounds or serve kids food in sand buckets or frisbees?

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

Try Clancy' s on the south end if the boardwalk or Oves @ 4th and the boardwalk. Manco and Manco pizza, Hamburger Construction Company, Johnson Popcorn are also not to be missed

Ocean City, NJ
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

Also Hulu Grill on the Boardwalk and Island Grill on Atlantic Ave. Lots of cute ice cream shops also.

Ocean City, NJ
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

Also, take a short 10 minute drive to see" Lucy the Elephant" in Margate (Google it!). And the Cape May County Zoo is a great day trip for kids.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,306 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

Here is an old post of mine >>When visiting Lucy www.lucytheelephant.org/?presets=preset5 there is a nice restaurant in her shadow http://www.venturasgreenhouse.com/ Venturas Greenhouse, and I reccomend the Oysters Florentine [mmm, Oysters Florentine]. I'm sure we can find you a coupon for at least a buck off for Lucy somewhere before your visit<< But there is printed warnings on the menu about kids, and if your kid[s] is unruly, they just may feed them to local cannibals ~ nah, just ribbing ya! [scroll to bottom] http://venturasgreenhouse.com/index.php/menus excerpt: 'PLEASE UNDERSTAND THESE RULE S HAVE BEEN LISTED FOR YOUR CHILD’S SAFETY'