We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sentinel

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,514 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Sentinel

Guess I could google this but does anyone have the web address for the OCNJ newspaper? I see Frank is reading a newspaper online. I am used to reading the Cape Cod Times online. So....possible to see the OCNJ headlines/stories?????

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sentinel

Unfortunately, The Ocean City Sentinel has no on line presence that I have been able to find. The only thing I have ever been able to find goggling it is other people's references to articles in the paper or address listings for the paper. I do not believe the paper has any kind of a web site where you could get information.

The two sources I have for getting OC news on line are the Press of Atlantic City web site (http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/ - you may have to register to read articles - go to local/cape may to read about OC) which has a lot of the top news about OC and the Ocean City Gazette web site (http://www.oceancitygazette.com/ - this is the "free" OC paper but it is really a very good source of OC news and happenings - published every Wednesday and available on line sometime after that).

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sentinel

CCC:

There is something wrong with their website right now...I keep getting an error message but wait a while & then try googling...it's the Sentinel Ledger.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,514 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sentinel

Okay, I'll take your advice. Sigh..I used to subscribe to the paper and received it here in Chicago. That was fun. These days though I am only mildly interested and website info is enough for me now.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sentinel

daddio361,

While many folks continue to call it the Sentinel-Ledger, several years ago it reverted to just the Sentinel name.

If the paper has a web site, then they do a very good job of keeping it secret. It is not listed in the print version, nor is it referenced as a contact. Yes, I did try a Google search again just now and got mostly references to the paper not a web site for the paper. I did find a couple of places that listed what looked like a web site but got an error message. One of the sites listed it in the in active section.

I stand by my first post...if you want info on line about Ocean City, the Press of Atlantic City and the Ocean City Gazette are the way to go...and both web sites come up very easily in a Google search.

Ocean City, NJ
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
531 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sentinel

Frank3, thanks for those links!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sentinel

I suppose frank is right...the reason the links keep showing error messages is because they have no web site.

That's pretty unusual for a newspaper in this day & age...if I were a web page designer, I'd be pestering them...I wonder if they know how remunerative it can be?

7. Re: Sentinel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 09:17