We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of rental

new york
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Location of rental

I have never been to Ocean City before. I'm looking at a few rentals. Is it better to stay near the 7th street area but 6+ blocks to the beach/boardwalk. Or 21st street area but 2 blocks from the beach? I'm a bit confused bc the owner of the place on 21st says it's 2 blocks to the boardwalk but the map online of the boardwalk makes it look like it ends at 14th street. Help! :)

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
15,063 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of rental

I cannot assist with an owner's online map, Can you type the address of the rentals?

I highly suggest to seek a rental closest to the beach as this is likely your daytime activity in OCNJ. And the boardwalk being something you'll be seeking in the evening. ←this is just a guess. IMHO, a >>6+ blocks to the beach/boardwalk<< seems to me like an inconvenience. For example, if y'all need to return to the rental to use the restroom [like a #2] it'll be a long & most likely hot walk e/w. And you'll need to ensure someone in your travel party is available to stay with and watch your beach site, with beachchairs, toys, umbrella[s], cooler, etc

And OCNJ has a trolley in the high season. OCNJ has not yet announced the trolley service for 2014, but it's likely due soon www.ocnj.us/index.cfm… so renting in a higher # block y'all can catch the trolley and avoid parking by the boardwalk downtown

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of rental

Use Google Maps to plot your rental...the easiest way to see exactly where the rental is. Don't ask, look for yourself. Oh and FYI...the boardwalk goes to 23rd Street.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
68 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of rental

The Ocean City boardwalk goes to 20 something street; the stores & amusement stop at 14th street. There is an amusement pier between 6th & 7th on the boardwalk, which can be noisy if you are too close.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of rental

If you can swing it, search for "beachfront" and you'll be on the sand. You'll be the first house on the beach. Many people walk from a couple of blocks from the beach but as an earlier poster said, think about hauling all of your stuff walking for blocks. The board walk is great for early morning, get breakfast and evening. Otherwise you'll be on the sand.

Ocean City, NJ
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
535 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of rental

I am on the beach block of 6th and love the location. Park the car and walk to everything. It is not noisy as long as you are a half block from the boardwalk. I would not opt for 7th St if I had to walk 6 blocks. If you plan to go to the boardwalk every night, there will be a frustrating hunt for parking from 21st St unless you want to pay for parking which is not really that bad. You could take the trolley too.

Edited: 11 April 2014, 02:13
6. Re: Location of rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 06:16