We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

701 Mosaic

Ocean City, NJ
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
535 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
701 Mosaic

My husband and I went to 701 Mosaic after seeing the good review on TA, and we were not disappointed! Some reviewers commented that the decor is fairly basic, and it is (so what), but that is all that was basic about this place. We came later in the evening and there was only one other couple in the restaurant so it was quiet and cozy, just what we were looking for. Our server was very friendly and attentive, and we enjoyed chatting with the owner. We sampled the homemade ginger beer and sorrel (hibiscus) drinks. Now these unusual beverages will not be for everyone, but I got the ginger beer and my husband got the sorrel, which is a Caribbean beverage. Both have a very distinct and spiced flavor, and we both enjoyed trying something different. Now let's talk about the food! The menu offers both Caribbean and Mediterranean food, so we sampled one of each. I ordered the Jerk Chicken and my husband ordered the Linguini with Clam Sauce. I know these sound very basic - and they were of the lowest priced offerings on the menu - but let me try to describe how remarkably delicious they were. First of all, the portions were huge and very well presented. The Jerk Chicken was extremely tender and the spicy Jamaican barbecue flavor was amazing. It was served with rice and peas and sweet plantains, and there was plenty left to take home. My husband's Linguini with Clam Sauce was so amazing that we were talking about it the next day. Now I am Italian, and I have to say that we both thought it was the best we had ever tasted. The portion was huge and it was served with very tender clams in the shell, and he topped it with parmesan cheese (make sure you ask for the cheese!). The linguini was perfectly prepared and it melted in your mouth - and the broth was incredible. I asked my husband if he wanted me to order more bread to dip in the broth, and he said no - which any Italian would think a shame to waste. The next time I looked the broth was all gone - he ate it like soup! Kudos for a very nice evening with surprising delicious food. We'll be back!

1. Re: 701 Mosaic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 06:16