We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in OCNJ - Need advice please

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
68 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
First time in OCNJ - Need advice please

I need a little help in planning a day trip to OCNJ. We typically do OCMD a couple times over the summer, but with the I-495 bridge closure, traffic is horrible. Went to OCMD the first week in June and it took 2.5 hours just to get to Wilmington! Love OCMD, but no way can I do that kind of traffic. We decided that we would plan a day trip to OCNJ as a test. We are looking for an beach area that is not overly congested, has bathroom facilities available and some place nice for lunch. A friend suggested that we look at 34th Street and up. Would also like to know if there are beach vendors renting chairs and umbrellas.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,926 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in OCNJ - Need advice please

The higher than 34th St #s do not have restrooms & showers [AFAIK, 34th to 50th]. I'd love to read that I'm wrong You'll likely find chair & umbrella rentals though. And you may find street parking with no meters. At 34th St is a restroom, showers and lifeguard stand

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in OCNJ - Need advice please

I would suggest you part by the high school (6th street). There is a city lot one block from the beach. At 6th street you are at the end of the commercial part of the boardwalk. There are bathrooms and lots of food choices .

youngstown, ohio
Level Contributor
76 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in OCNJ - Need advice please

I suggest staying 3 Rd street - 17th Street. All beaches have lifegaurds.. 12th street there is a restroom. Parking is very costly for the day. Look for a place that is within walking distance to boardwalk.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in OCNJ - Need advice please

There is a city lot just across from the Ocean City high school on Ocean and 6th and you will be able to part there all day for $10-$20 depending on the day of the week.

5. Re: First time in OCNJ - Need advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Ocean City
Recent Conversations