We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Mass Transit expert advice (getting to Yankee Stadium)

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need Mass Transit expert advice (getting to Yankee Stadium)

Coming in from the Rochester area with our own vehicle. Would like to make a Yankees 1pm game. COULD drive with our own vehicle all the way (should we??) but wonder if mass transit would be quicker/less frustrating. Have 3 kids (11,8,4) in tow that think subways/buses/trains are fun :)

So, was thinking about catching a subway from Paterson. MTA route says just over 2 hrs. Is there a better way?? Not sure where to stay the night before if that is what we do.

I also see people talking about taking a train from Seacacus? Where would we drive to.stay if we do that? Is it harder to get to driving in the first place?

I NEED LOTS OF HELP! LOL

Thanks in advance.

3 replies to this topic
port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Mass Transit expert advice (getting to Yankee Stadium)

If you take a train in from NJ you will have to switch to the subway or MTA in midtown. If you don't want to just drive in, you might want to take the MTA metro north train in from somewhere north of the city, perhaps the hudson line

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,885 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Mass Transit expert advice (getting to Yankee Stadium)

There is no subway from paterson. There are a ton of buses and an nj transit train route but not direct to ncy. I would look in the tarrytown ny area.

Edited: 20 August 2012, 23:20
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,885 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Mass Transit expert advice (getting to Yankee Stadium)

I think i know what you did. You looked at the new york transit avency website. There is a paterson ny wich i beleve has a train station.

Edited: 20 August 2012, 23:41
Reply to: Need Mass Transit expert advice (getting to Yankee Stadium)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted