We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts with activities for children?

Vermont
Level Contributor
595 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts with activities for children?

I'm trying to make plans for a week-long summer vacation. Our children are at the age where they really like resorts that offer children's activities, such as arts and crafts, tug of war, scavenger hunts, etc.

I'd like the resort to be on the water, with a sandy beach. A nice lake would be fine. If it is on the ocean I would like the water to be warm enough to swim in. For me, that rules out anything north of Boston. I would, however, prefer an area with decent off-site activities.

I don't need anything fancy. I'm really hoping to keep the price at no more than $250 per night. A room with a kitchenette would be a HUGE plus. I know that price point is tough.

I've seen the NASWA Resort on Lake Winnipesauke. That is along the ideas of what I have in mind - although I am nervous that it is a little too much of a party atmosphere. We are very quiet folks. I'd really like to see if there are other options out there. Perhaps the Purity Spring Resort?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts with activities for children?

Red Jacket Inn, Ocean Edge, Popponesset Inn on Cape Cod

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts with activities for children?

I haven't been there, but the reviews here on TA for Purity Spring are very positive. One thing, if the ocean water north of Boston is too cold, south of Boston in Massachusetts would not be significantly warmer, except that you may find the water on the bay side of Cape Cod a bit better. I don't know if any of the Cape resorts are located there, however.

3. Re: Resorts with activities for children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:17