We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights in Maine / coastal May 8th

San Diego...
Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
4 nights in Maine / coastal May 8th

Hello! My two girlfriends and I are flying into Boston and plan on renting a car and driving up the coast into Maine. We will have 4nights/5 full days and are not sure if we should stay in Kennebunkport at a lovely B&B(The Captain Fairfield looked nice) and also in Portland or if there are other towns not to be missed.

Our interests really are to see the sights, walks, and find some great Lobster every day :-)

Any suggestions on accomm / towns / lobster / attractions not to be missed would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Maine
Maine
United States
Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport
Kennebunks, ME
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,792 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 nights in Maine / coastal May 8th

You could spend two nights at Kennebunkport and two nights elsewhere. Consider driving to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, very scenic there and nice for walking. If you go to Portland, drive a bit south and visit the Two Lights lobster shack in Cape Elizabeth. Lighthouse on top of a rocky cliff, crashing waves below and the lobster shack next door. Very Maine-y!

Mentioned in this post
Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport
Kennebunks, ME
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park
Mount Desert Island, ME
Maine
Maine
United States
2. Re: 4 nights in Maine / coastal May 8th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about New England