We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From an old home movie - Do you recognize this?

TheRedKnight
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From an old home movie - Do you recognize this?

Hi folks,

Can anyone help me identify a scene in our old home movies. I have taken a few captures and put them here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview…

These pictures are on Google Drive but I hope you can see them.

The date is early summer 1969. It's probably New England (or at least East Coast).

You can see an old style hand-pump well that we're drinking from (I'm the one pumping; I was 10 then). It looks like maybe a small garden or park right behind it with a thick tree canopy (making it dark back there).

There is a tudor-style house. Just to the left of it is a long street (which it is right on).

There are two buildings, one with clock and cupola, and to the right of it, a building with distinct big white columns and a sign.

There is slightly more on the movies, but not much.

My dad guessed (but was not sure) it was from "New Salem", but when I google pictures on New Salem, I don't see anything like this. We visited a lot of places back then and he's pretty old now, so he may simply be wrong.

In case it helps you verify what you think it might be: Note that you can search for a place on Google, then click on the "Image" tab to see pictures of it.

Thanks if you can help!

Mike

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,442 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From an old home movie - Do you recognize this?

I do not unfortunately have any clues for you, but I would suggest also posting it on the Massachusetts board as it gets more traffic than this one, which is still fairly new. Best of luck with your quest!

TheRedKnight
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: From an old home movie - Do you recognize this?

I'll try that (and probably other states) if this doesn't pan out in a few days. Thanks!

3. Re: From an old home movie - Do you recognize this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 07:18