We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place in New England for Whale Watching tour

4 posts
Save Topic
Best place in New England for Whale Watching tour

I am interested in a whale watching tour. My husband and I are visiting New England in late July. I have been on whale tours in other parts of the world, so I do have experience. We will be spending our time in Cape Cod, Cape Ann, and various parts of Maine, so those are my primary points of interest for whale tours. Any suggestions on the best place to go on the whale tour and the best tour company to use would be appreciated!

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,448 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place in New England for Whale Watching tour

Whale watches from Maine:

Odyssey ( Portland)

Bar Harbor WW

First Chance WW (Kennebunk)

Cap'n Fish's WW (Boothbay Harbor)

WW from Cape Cod:

Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises (Barnstable)

Dolphin Fleet WW (Provincetown)

Captain John WW (Plymouth - close to the Cape)

Cape Ann WW ( all in Gloucester):

Cape Ann WW

Capt Bill and Sons

7 Seas WW

Atlantic Yankee WW

The best way to figure out which is best for you is to read reviews from people who have actually been on whale watches with these companies. Plug each of the above into the box on the upper right of your screen and click; it will bring up reviews people have written here on TA. Hope this helps!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place in New England for Whale Watching tour

all the watches pretty much go to the same place. so "best" place is probably shortest ride to the grounds.

Provincetown, Gloucester, ME coast. I have never looked up the specifics of each to see which is physically closer or has fastest boats.

Maine
Level Contributor
893 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place in New England for Whale Watching tour

Actually the Maine whale watches don't go to the same place as the Mass. ones. Some boats go to Stellwagen Bank, some to Jeffreys ledge and some to the Gulf of Maine. I don't know which is better, but it would be too long a trip if the Maine watches went to the same place as the Mass. watches.

4. Re: Best place in New England for Whale Watching tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:21