We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Foliage driving destinations

cardiff
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Fall Foliage driving destinations

We are planning on a trip to New England to see the changing of the leaves.

The trip planning is in early stages but we have some "must" destinations:

1) We will fly into Boston

2) We want to spend a day or two in the Berkshires

3) We want to drive thru Deerfield, MA (alma mater)

We have one week and need to know how to incorporate the above "musts" along with any other towns/drives/destinations to see the fall leaves in all their glory.

There is a lot of information in this forum that has been helpful but also overwhelming. I'm looking for some quick bullet points to help guide me in my planning.

Thank you!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,441 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall Foliage driving destinations

The leaves do not change all at once. Since it seems you want a foliage trip, we need to know your dates and how long you plan to be here.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall Foliage driving destinations

Yes, when are you coming? Foliage in western MA generally occurs in October. If your visit is earlier, you will have to head north to see some foliage.

cardiff
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fall Foliage driving destinations

We haven't book the trip yet but were thinking week 1 of October - so around October 2 - October 9 or 10th.

Thanks.

4. Re: Fall Foliage driving destinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about New England