We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP motel/beach advice! Four Winds or Desert Palm Inn?

Which Seaside Heights hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
HELP motel/beach advice! Four Winds or Desert Palm Inn?

Has anyone ever stayed in either of these 2 hotels? Planning on going to the shore this weekend for 2 nights (sat. and sun.) with my mom and sister. We're looking at these 2 hotels because they both seem to be very close to the beach and are pretty affordable (under $150/night) - they are at either ends of the boardwalk so we figured it would be less noisy (don't want to be in the middle of everything -with the clubs and noise), plus we read that the seaside park beach and ortley beaches are nicer than seaside heights. Any opinions from people who have stayed here? I've read some reviews and most seem pretty bad for both - i've read at least 1 review for each hotel that says something along the lines of "OMG its the worst hotel i've ever stayed in - horrible and filty, stay away!" I checked out the websites and they both seem decent - we aren't picky, just looking for a room that's fairly clean and not too tiny - and a nice pool would be good. Do either of these fit the bill? Or do you have any suggestions for other hotels that might fit everyting i've mentioned above? Thanks so much for your help!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP motel/beach advice! Four Winds or Desert Palm Inn?

I think that the oh my god reviews are because these mom & pop hotels are not chain hotels where you get some consistency. these hotels were built in the 1950's and 60's. I happen to know the owner of another motel in seaside park and i don't want to advertize for her, or recommend her place as that would i think be an inappropriate post.

but you should go back to tripadvisor main page and look for motels in seaside park, you should get a few. anything on ocean ave is "on the ocean"- nothing is on the ocean except maybe the aztec if it is still there (seaside heights - not so good to stay in that town as compared to the the park)

ocean ave runs along the beach... there used to be a motor lodge down at the far end of seaside park but i don't know if that is still there. that was on the beach too. everyone is in the 150+ range on weekends. the season has been really bad. so if you call 1. you MIGHT get a better price , 2. any minimum stay requirements MIGHT be negotiable.

2. Re: HELP motel/beach advice! Four Winds or Desert Palm Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights