We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing around seaside heights

3 posts
Save Topic
Fishing around seaside heights

I am planning to goto seaside heights last week of june with a couple of friends. I wasnt sure where to go but already booked for a thurs-fri. Im not a pro fisher but thought maybe could rent a pontoon and fish? I saw couple sites for rentals but not too many. Im not even sure if pontoon is right for a party of 5, but if it's ok, can i fish and maybe some crabs? Thought this could be good for the people who dont like fishing a boat ride. This is just for couple hours.

Any recommendations?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,378 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing around seaside heights

There are several piers on the bay side in Seaside where you can fish. I haven't been in several years but there used to be places at each where you could at least buy bait. One pier is just to the right as come come across the bridge into Seaside. The other is farther south off a small road that follows the edge of the water. Otherwise, after the beach closes you can surf fish off the beach. I'm not sure at all about licenses.

Pjk

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing around seaside heights

The Dock Outfitters on the bay side has tackle, bait, boat rentals and a fishing/crabbing pier. If you wanted a half day party boat, you'd have to run up to Pt Pleasant

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing around seaside heights

@bushwacker44

Thanks for the reply

Do you know if i can crab off of a pontoon or is that only on the pier? If i can, would i be able to do the same at point pleasant?

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing around seaside heights

You can anchor up and crab off of just about anything. if you are hand lining you would have to be sure the net handle is long enough because the pontoon is a little higher off the water. BTW incoming tide is usually best. The party boats out of Point Pleasant would be 4 6 or 8 hour offshore fishing trips. they are there because the inlet is there. If you just want to crab or stay in the bay there is no need to leave seaside

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,378 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing around seaside heights

FWIW we used to go out on the Norma K out of Pt. Pleasant once in a while ---> http://www.normakfishing.com/

Pjk

6. Re: Fishing around seaside heights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 11:15
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights
Recent Conversations