We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ortley Beach - what do you think?

NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ortley Beach - what do you think?

Looking at Ortley Beach for a 4-night stay - couple w/18 year old. Possible silly question: relation to Seaside Hights?

and please...

How is the beach? and hotel accomodations?

Starlight Motel & Luxury Suites seems to be the only game in town.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks TA family!

5 replies to this topic
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,909 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ortley Beach - what do you think?

I beleve ortley beach is a section of Toms River while Seaside is its own municipality

NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ortley Beach - what do you think?

Thank you! Do you happen to about beach conditions on ortley after sandy? And also is it a nice beach?

BrickUSA
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ortley Beach - what do you think?

www.ortley-beach.com Ortley Beach is neighboring to Seaside Heights. It's really really close. Ortley Beach has Seaside Heights to it's south and Lavallette to it's north. Ortley Beach's website states that a daily badge is $4 Mon-Fri. and $5 on the weekend. The beach sand is the same . Mankind drew an imaginary line and said this is where Seaside stops and Ortley Beach begins. The big difference is what you look at when you put your backside to the ocean and look inland. At Seaside Heights you'll be looking at pizza businesses, games of chance, rides, and arcades. At Ortley Beach you don't have any of that.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,909 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ortley Beach - what do you think?

Dude this post is from 2014

BrickUSA
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ortley Beach - what do you think?

I don't know how I came across it that caused me to think that it was current. How embarrassing for me.! LOL . Well anyway, your response will likely make someone smile...so that's a good thing. Take care.

Reply to: Ortley Beach - what do you think?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seaside Heights
Recent Conversations