We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest way to get there

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Easiest way to get there

My family and I are planning a trip to NYC and just can't afford the price of a hotel in the city so we are looking at hotels in Secaucus. My question is what's the easiest way to get into the city? Years ago we parked at the Port Authority--can you still do that and is it near where we are staying? Any and all help is appreciated.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easiest way to get there

the easiest is to drive if the traffic at the Lincoln Tunnel isn't backed up

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,560 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easiest way to get there

You are still able to park at the Port Authority Bus terminal garage in Manhattan. It is my choice for parking when driving into the city from NJ since it has it owns exit ramp back into the Lincoln Tunnel when leaving; making it especially convenient during rush hour.

If staying in Secaucus, barring rush hour, accidents or phantom tunnel back-ups, it should not take more than 20 minutes to reach the Port Authority garage. I find it easiest to take the tube farthest to the right from the toll booths and make sure you bear to the left when exiting the tunnel towards 40th-42nd St. There are two garage ramp entrances right when you exit the tunnel. One on each side of the corner of 40th St. If you miss the first ramp, just make the right onto 40th and there is the other entrance ramp immediately to your right. Miss that one and you can loop back around to the 'back" entrance on 39th St.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easiest way to get there

Do you know how much it costs to park and what the hrs are?

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,560 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easiest way to get there

Open 7 days a week, 6:00 am - 1:00 am

Daily Rates (weekday and weekend):

Up to 1 hour $18.00

Up to 2 hours $20.00

Up to 12 hours $28.00

Up to 24 hours $33.00

Early Bird $22.50 (before 6:30 AM)

5. Re: Easiest way to get there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2010, 06:18