We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to NYC from Bushkill, PA

North Judson...
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to NYC from Bushkill, PA

Four Indiana rural living adults are traveling to Bushkill, PA. We are spending 1 day in New York City and seeing a Broadway play at the end of the day. Problem: How do we get from Bushkill, PA comfortably - and safely. None of us have experience driving in large metropolitan cities and I can't find any bus schedules that run after midnight. It was recommended to park at either Secaucus or Willowbrook Mall and take the bus but it doesn't appear there are any buses to take back to either area until 3 a.m. Any solutions that don't include driving into NYC (which would mean arguing the entire way because of the tension of not knowing how to get anywhere). Remember, we have no experience with subways, mass transit, etc. Was hoping to be able to take a cab from some easy location but can't find anyway to contact any cab without first knowing what cab I need. Thanks.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to NYC from Bushkill, PA

You could exit right off exit 15X of the NJ turnpike, park at Secaucus Junction

www.njtransit.com/rg/rg_servlet.srv…

station and take NJ transit to NYC one stop. The last train leaves Penn station NY at 1 am I believe and its about a 10 mind ride (1st stop).You can take a cab right to the theater or even walk up 7th ave and take a cab back afterword to the train station

www.njtransit.com

Edited: 06 September 2013, 00:34
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,076 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to NYC from Bushkill, PA

Good advice from jlinup and here's the parking info for Secaucus Junction

www.parkfast.com/do/rates…

I doubt you could even find a cab to take you from Bushkill -- you'd have to hire a car service which would be very expensive

What show are you going to see?

Edited: 06 September 2013, 01:12
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,076 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to NYC from Bushkill, PA

Oh, I forgot to add, to actually see some schedules go to www.njtransit.com and selct TRAIN schedules

To: Secaucus Junction

Most shows run about 2h 30m + t5 min intermission and often start around 10 min late. If the weather is nice you may want to hang around the theater district/times square as it will be full of people and have a nice engery. It will be next to impossible to get a cab after your show but as the pervious poster says you can walk it in 15-20 min easily (and yes, it will be safe).

You can pay for tickets on board the train but it's $5 extra. There are ticket machines and agents at Penn Station and I should think at Secaucus junction

If you aren't sure what to do just ask -- people will be very helpful (though in Times Square most of the people will be tourists who won't have any idea where Penn Station is). Penn Station can be confusing so don't hesitate to ask

Here's a map showing how to get from Times Square (probably near where your theater is) and Penn Station http://goo.gl/maps/Ndeix

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to NYC from Bushkill, PA

Have you looked at the Martz Trailways schedulE ? www.martztrailways.com

It appears they have a 12:30 AM bus from the Port Authority to the Poconos every day.

Edited: 06 September 2013, 11:39
North Judson...
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to NYC from Bushkill, PA

Thank you so much for your help.

North Judson...
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to NYC from Bushkill, PA

Thank you for helping me with this problem.

7. Re: How to get to NYC from Bushkill, PA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 05:19