We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spring lake or sea girt

Which Spring Lake hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jersey
5 posts
Save Topic
spring lake or sea girt

Our family is considering moving to either sl or sea girt. The schoool test scores are impressive. Both communities seem wonderful. Can residents from either town tell me why their town is the place to live. I know real estate is expensive but I would much rather live in a smaller home in sea girt or sl than in a larger home in another town. Any info would be appreciated.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spring lake or sea girt

They are very similar. Both wonderful, family towns. I lived in Spring Lake for 12 years but even though the school has a good reputation I had my kids in private schools. Many children in both towns go to parochial schools. The cost of housing has gone ridiculously high, so before you consider the move you should take a look at what a couple million buys...it may be shocking.

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
189 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spring lake or sea girt

Both towns are great, but extremely expensive. Even a small home in either town can run you close to a million.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spring lake or sea girt

You really can't go wrong with either.

But, personally I prefer the "Norman Rockwell" type of feeling on Spring Lake's Third Avenue - it is a combination of cute mom and pop stores like an old fashioned 5 & 10 along with elegant boutique stores with one-of-a-kind treasures inside.

Spring Lake has Island Palm Grill, Black Trumpet and Whispers Restaurants - SO good!

Riding bikes around Divine Park, seeing little old men 'race' sailboats on Spring Lake, pavilions with pools in addition to the ocean all put Spring Lake as #1 on my list.

Spring Lake also has the acclaimed Community Theatre.

Obviously, you could and would certainly enjoy these even if you lived in Sea Girt.

4. Re: spring lake or sea girt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Spring Lake