We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stone Harbor in mid October?

Which Stone Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Emmaus, PA
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Stone Harbor in mid October?

My wife & I are planning a weekend away in Stone Harbor mid-October. This is sort of a spur of the moment thing....having never been there, I'm just wondering if most restaurants, etc. are still open, and interested in suggestions on things to do on this laid back weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
671 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stone Harbor in mid October?

There is still plenty to do in Stone Harbor. Columbus weekend is always popular, especially if the weather is good. October in Stone Harbor can be beautiful with the ocean temperature still moderate. Stores and restaurants will mostly be open. Check with the Chamber of Commerce at: www.stoneharborbeach.com. They may have a calendar of events. I know the White Heron Grill is having a wine event on the 21st. You can google that. The Golden Inn sometimes has theme weekends in the fall and winter. The Concord Cafe is open all year. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
671 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stone Harbor in mid October?

Another thought is to drive down to Cape May for day trip. If you haven't been there before, it's a lovely Victorian town and only about a 20 - 25 minute drive south on the Garden State from Stone Harbor. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants as well.

Emmaus, PA
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stone Harbor in mid October?

Thanks to all for your info. We're looking forward to the weekend. Anybody have any good suggestions for a (casual) dinner place, and/or a good place for coffee and light breakfast?

thanks again!

4. Re: Stone Harbor in mid October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Stone Harbor