We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildwood vs. Wildwood Crest?

NJ
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Wildwood vs. Wildwood Crest?

Our daughter will be attending a dance competition in July at the convention center. We have never been to Wildwood and know nothing about the area. We currently are looking at hotels in Wildwood Crest. What is the main difference between the Crest and main area of Wildwood? I'm guessing it's a matter of conveniance to the "action" vs. peace and quite. Any guidance would be great! Also, has anyone stayed at the Port Royal? Or can someone recommend a good hotel? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Wildwood
Wildwood
Cape May County, NJ
Wildwood Crest
Wildwood Crest
Cape May County, NJ
Hartford...
Level Contributor
49 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildwood vs. Wildwood Crest?

As far as I'm concerned, you hit it the nail on the head as far as the difference between the two. I have vacationed in Wildwood Crest for years. I hated it when I was a kid, because it was so far away from the boardwalk and all the action. Now, it's exactly where I would stay. We used to stay at the Pier 6600 at the very end. It's since been sold and is under new management, but it was always a great place to stay. I'm sure it still is. The beach is very nice in the crest as well, it's not as far to the water as it is closer to the boardwalk. Anyway, you look at it, Wildwood is a great place and there's lots to do! If you have time, go to Cape May. Enjoy yourself!

Mentioned in this post
Wildwood Crest
Wildwood Crest
Cape May County, NJ
Wildwood
Wildwood
Cape May County, NJ
Cape May
Cape May
Cape May County, NJ
NJ
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildwood vs. Wildwood Crest?

Neeta,

Thank you for the information!

jb

New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildwood vs. Wildwood Crest?

We came upon Summer Sands this past summer in Wildwood Crest. We personally prefer the Crest over Wildwood because it is very family oriented and very quiet in comparison. We were right on the beach, had everything we needed including a furnished patio right by our front door. It was great but there was no housekeeping. We did have to bring our own sheets and towels but the condo was very clean and the kitchen was fully equipped. We loved being so close to Cape May and the boardwalk. We booked it again this summer but would love to get a recommendation for North Wildwood. We have never been there but understand it is pretty nice also.

Mentioned in this post
Wildwood Crest
Wildwood Crest
Cape May County, NJ
Wildwood
Wildwood
Cape May County, NJ
Cape May
Cape May
Cape May County, NJ
North Wildwood
North Wildwood
Cape May County, NJ
Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
189 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wildwood vs. Wildwood Crest?

My family visits Wildwood Crest every year. The Wildwoods (North Wildwood, Wildwood, Wildwood Crest) are changing. Many of the small outdated motels have been bulldozed and replaced by condominmiums and townhomes.

Due to the boardwalk being in Wildwood, the rougher crowds are usually in Wildwood. North Wildwood and especially Wildwood Crest have many more families.

The beaches in all 3 towns are tremendous, very wide, nice fine sand, and free.

We have stayed at the Port Royal many times. A very nice hotel, clean rooms, updated, great pool. More expensive than others though. Other places like The Lotus, Nassau Inn, Acacia, and a few others are also nice and alittle less expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Wildwood Crest
Wildwood Crest
Cape May County, NJ
North Wildwood
North Wildwood
Cape May County, NJ
Wildwood
Wildwood
Cape May County, NJ
new jersey
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wildwood vs. Wildwood Crest?

We have went to Wildwood Crest for over 20 years. It is much quieter than Wildwood. The prices are getting very high now and all the small motels are being taken down and replaced by condos. It is a great place for kids because the ocean is a lot calmer than most NJ beaches and the beach is huge - sometimes to big when you are carrying all the stuff down to the beach. I also like the end of Wildwood Crest - it is quieter. The Wildwood boardwalk is huge and there is so much to do. The Acacia and Beau Rivage are nice and a couple of years ago we stayed at the Ocean Pardise - I think that was the name - it is right on the beach and almost looks like a ship.

Mentioned in this post
Wildwood Boardwalk
Wildwood Boardwalk
1,261 Reviews
Wildwood, NJ
Wildwood Crest
Wildwood Crest
Cape May County, NJ
Wildwood
Wildwood
Cape May County, NJ
6. Re: Wildwood vs. Wildwood Crest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood