We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach access, restroom & parking questions

Which Wildwood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
166 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
beach access, restroom & parking questions

We're going to Wildwood in a couple weeks (June 20-28) with our 2 young boys.

Regarding beach access, how difficult is the walk from the boardwalk down to the water? Will we be able to make it through the sand using a 3-wheel jogging stroller? I seem to recall there are occasional boarded walkways down to the water, but I don't recall if they were at all access points.

Is there a list of the location of public restrooms/showers near the beach? While we don't plan on being at the beach for long hours with the young ones, it would be good to be near a restroom.

Likewise, is there a list of parking lot locations? I remember there being lots and meters available. How much do each cost? I know the lots often have a discounted rate early in the morning then jack up the prices around midday...about what time do they make that change? Do any lots offer the option to leave and return later?

Allentown...
Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach access, restroom & parking questions

I hope you get a better answer than mine but you might have a hard time getting a stoller from the boardwalk to the water with the long distance and fine soft sand of wildwood. You might want to try north wildwood because the beach is not as wide on that end.

Parking Anywhere in Wildwood is rough in the Summer. On week days if you drive around a little you can find small lots that offer resonable parking. Most of the small lots jack up prices depending on how many people want to park on that day. It is supply and demand.

There are restrooms near the boardwalk and again the walk is shorter on the north end. the restroom at the north end of the main boardwalk is a very short walk from the water. Just a word of warning they have signs everywhere posting no clothing changes in the bathrooms. If you do it fast and stealth in a stall, I doubt if anyone really would get caught.

North Wildwood
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beach access, restroom & parking questions

Where are you staying? I think North Wildwood is a much easier walk (around 15th north). At 15th they even have a walkway which would be easy with the stroller, there are also rest rooms there.

Drop your family off, then find a spot to park if you want. Some free street parking is available on the numbered streets from 16th north.

Enjoy!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
166 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach access, restroom & parking questions

We're staying in West Wildwood. Have definitely been considering North Wildwood for the shorter beach, although there will likely be a day or two where we'll want to be closer to the boardwalk. My wife and I were there last year without the kids, and I do remember there being a walkway to the beach somewhere near the convention center as well, was just hoping someone could help jog my memory. I don't remember the restroom situation at all, as it was less of a concern without the kids. With the parking, I was just trying to recall until what time in the morning they offer a discounted rate...and trying to see if paying a meter would be cheaper if we're only at the beach for a 2-3 hour stretch.

Thanks for the input thus far!

Allentown...
Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach access, restroom & parking questions

there are wooden walkways near the convention center but they will not take you all the way to the water. There are portapotties on the beach at the end of those walkways. There are good bathrooms at the convention center and usually a hose with spray head where the walkway meets the convention center's restroom area. I can not answer the rates and times for parking but you are right that they change with demand. We usually just park there early in the morning and then pull out of the lot when we can check in to our motel room. I have been told that parking rates really get high when a popular show is at the convention center.

5. Re: beach access, restroom & parking questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2009, 03:39
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,103 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach access, restroom & parking questions

DT24

Your post violates TripAdvisor's posting guidelines regarding self-promotional advertising or solicitation and has been reported as inappropriate.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

7. Re: beach access, restroom & parking questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 05:40