We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Jersey Shore Town for family weekend with 9 yo girl.

Montclair, NJ
Level Contributor
10 posts
Which Jersey Shore Town for family weekend with 9 yo girl.

We've never been to the Jersey Shore and want to do a last minute Sat/Sun overnight. We'd like to be able to spend some time at the beach and some time on a boardwalk. Any recommendations for which Jersey shore town, which place to stay, and anything special to see or do would be appreciated.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: Which Jersey Shore Town for family weekend with 9 yo girl.

A great weekend would be to stay in Spring Lake for the beach and then drive the short distance to Pt. Pleasant for the boardwalk.

Also, if you're going this coming weekend there is a Seafood Festival in the town just north of Spring Lake, Belmar.

Philadelphia/Atlanti...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
14,795 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Which Jersey Shore Town for family weekend with 9 yo girl.

I suggest visiting websites and/or calling to see about minimum night stays. Many Jersey Shore hotels & motels have 2 night minimums on weekends between Memorial Day & Labor day

new york
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
8,660 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Which Jersey Shore Town for family weekend with 9 yo girl.

Maybe some of the information at these links might help.

www.funnewjersey.com/weekend_getaways_NJ.HTM

www.myjerseyshore.com/

Good Luck

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
68 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: Which Jersey Shore Town for family weekend with 9 yo girl.

Ocean City is great for families with younger children. The town is dry (no drinking in public too) so it doesn't attract the teens and 20 somethings. The amusements are made to accomodate children, rather than teens, so your 9 year old could go on almost any ride. The boardwalk is quieter and safer, with mostly families and older couples - no groups of rowdy or drunk teens. There are weekly special events and clean beaches.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
12 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Which Jersey Shore Town for family weekend with 9 yo girl.

I would recommend staying at Wildwood. I have been going there since I was 7 and I still love it today! There are a couple thrill rides for the older kids, but there are many rides for 9 year olds. Morey's Piers (located in Wildwood) has more rides than DisneyLand so I bet there will be many rides he/she likes. There are 3 piers and 2 HUGE waterparks. Wildwood's beaches are voted best and cleanest in Jersey. I recommend when you are at the beach, WATCH OUT FOR SEAGULLS!! Also there is great transportation, like the tramcar, and in the morning you can rent bikes for a stroll on the boardwalk! I brought a 6 year old and a 13 year old once and they both had a blast! Hope you stay at Wildwood!

Edited: 18 June 2012, 15:01
6. Re: Which Jersey Shore Town for family weekend with 9 yo girl.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood