We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First to Wildwood end of July. Looking for tips/advice

USA
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
First to Wildwood end of July. Looking for tips/advice

Hello,

Wife and I are taking 3 teenage daughters and a couple friends to Wildwood this summer. We are staying near the North end of the boardwalk. As is often the case, we expect to say "oh I wish we knew that" or "we'll have to remember that next time" several times during this trip. To help avod some of those comments, I come here in hopes you can offer some advice/tips based on the following:

Driving in from Connecticut on Saturday Morning

Kids plan on spending each day at the beach and evenings on the boardwalk

Water park and Amusement Park visits will occur

We love dining out as a group...don't mind early dinners

We have no problems driving away from the boardwalk/Wildwood to see/visit other areas

Coupons/Coupons/Coupons...any and all fo anything (food, activities, rentals, etc)

Not interested in dolphin cruises, sunset cruises, fast food or museums.

Thanks so much!!

-Mike

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First to Wildwood end of July. Looking for tips/advice

"Beach: We have a specific beach spot which I will not reveal publicly online...because I don't want too many people to go there! If you are interested, send me a private email...."

Hey that's where WE go too!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First to Wildwood end of July. Looking for tips/advice

Biggest piece of advice you need is driving because traffic is such an issue in NJ. If you must leave on Saturday, go as early as possible - even if you will be there long before check in. Most hotels will let you park your car and call you when your room is ready. The traffic is unreal on Saturdays in the summer. Otherwise leave in the late afternoon and give up part of that first day because there is a very real possibility that you will sit on the pkwy for hours.

Kinnelon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First to Wildwood end of July. Looking for tips/advice

I've been going to Wildwood for over 40 years religiously. It's all good what I read here. Cape May Lobster House a must. Get there early. Get in Wildwood BEFORE 11 am!! You will sit for hours the last few miles if u don't! I have teenagers e I would allow them on boardwalk alone. It's NOT Seaside Park!! Sometimes the ticket books have $10 off discounts on water park tics e hotel give a little discount. I got all day tics from GROUPON sale month ago for all day for two for $38. So watch that site. Mack's in my opinion is my favorite pizza on boards. Teenagers love in North Wildwood Coconut Cove!! Not a fancy menu but dining in the sand on the water in grass umbrellas No shoes required! We will be there in July!! Uncle Bills Pancake house is great for breakfast e we always go to Beach Terraces's breakfast buffet. Rusty Rudder. Cheap e LOTS of food!! Don't forget to stroll thru Cape May! Maybe catch a ghost tour but know they r on certain days of week. Good luck e enjoy!!!!

USA
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First to Wildwood end of July. Looking for tips/advice

Thanks for all the tips/suggestions. I appreciate the input!

-Mike

15. Re: First to Wildwood end of July. Looking for tips/advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood