We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motel: Pier 6600 or Starlux ?

Which Wildwood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New England
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Motel: Pier 6600 or Starlux ?

Hi, I was all set to book at Pier 6600 - I liked the idea that it was farther away from the Boardwalk and they have a private beach. Now I am second guessing myself and looking at Starlux. Will Starlux be too noisy ? Will the beach be as nice ? Thank you. (we have a 13 year old daughter and it will be our first time in Wildwood). Appreciate any pros/cons of the 2 mentioned motels.

hanover, pa
Level Contributor
78 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motel: Pier 6600 or Starlux ?

im not sure where pier 6600 is but the starlux is right at the end of rio grande ave which is the main rd to the boardwalk. i have never stayed here either so cant tell you about the noise but starlux is owned by moreys pier. we stay at the blue palms/boardwalk bungalo which is about the same distance to the beach but closer to the piers. if you check www.moreyspiers.com, it will list all their resorts under sleep. im not sure when you are going but they also offer ride/water park packages certain times in the summer. this is a great deal if your family loves to ride rides and/or waterparks. its listed under each motel as a package. if you goto www.wildwoodsnj.com you can choose to view the webcam (at the top) and it will show you what u will c at the end of rio grande ave close to the starlux. if you goto www.gwcoc.com (wildwood chamber of commerce) they also have webcams that will show you the boardwalk and beach. from this view, this is the area by the blue palms/boardwalk bungalo. the beach is nice as well. if you call blue palms, and want a basic room, ask for the boardwalk bungalo side its nice, they just remodeled. i posted a review with pics. its only 2 floors vs 3 floors no elevator. hope this helps. if you have any other questions, id be happy to help or at least give my opin. i have been going there 34 years. have a great time!!!!!!

North Wildwood, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Motel: Pier 6600 or Starlux ?

Pier6600's beach is a lot closer than Starlux. Starlux is not right on the beach, and it is a long walk to the water.

connecticut
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motel: Pier 6600 or Starlux ?

The Starlux is right near the Boardwalk and about a block or two away from the beach. Can definitely get a little noisy at times and a lot more traffic going by. Nice hotel very cool design and evereyone I have spoken with has enjoyed their stay. All the beaches along the Jersey shore are beautiful but a far stretch to walk the private beaches are much closer to their hotels. Remember if you stay in the Crest further away from the Boardwalk quieter but you will have to drive and probably pay for parking.Have never stayed at Pier 6600 so can't comment on the facility.

New England
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Motel: Pier 6600 or Starlux ?

Thanks for the input. I booked Starlux - thinking my daughter will like the more central location better.

5. Re: Motel: Pier 6600 or Starlux ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood