We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions wanted on Wildwood

Which Wildwood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Opinions wanted on Wildwood

Happy holidays experienced travellers!

We visited Wildwood a few times some 10 to 15 years ago. Although we enjoyed it and found that WIldwood had alot of things to offer, we found that it was becoming neglected and had a very tired look. So we visited Ocean City, Maryland and Myrtle Beach in the last few years. We were wondering if things have improved in Wildwood since then, as we would like to return. We are travelling as a family, and would be staying in North Wildwood or Wildwood Crest.

Thanks for your feedback!

Josée (Montreal)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
68 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Opinions wanted on Wildwood

Wildwood is getting better every year. The convention center is attracting a variety of wonderful events and the beaches are still free. Morey's Piers and Splash Zone are great for kids of all ages and there are some amazing restaurants. I would suggest staying in the Crest (southern part of the island) if you have younger kids or in North Wildwood - it's a little quieter. There are lots to visit and see in Cape May County: state parks, lighthouses, marine animals, wineries, breweries and quaint shops. For more ideas go to www.jerseycapevacationguide.com

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
167 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Opinions wanted on Wildwood

Can anyone recommend higher end accommodations near the Shore Plaza Beach Resort in Wildwood? We are going to a family reunion there in June and wanted to do something a little nicer if I'm dragging the family in from Denver? I've never been to Wildwood, so I have no clue! any times would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
167 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Opinions wanted on Wildwood

Oh yea, we will have a 8 month old and a 3 1/2 year old with us. I think our best option is flying into PHL and driving out to Wildwood, noi?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Opinions wanted on Wildwood

The Shore Plaza is located around the middle of the boardwalk. It is brand new (rebuilt after burning down several years ago) so I imagine its pretty nice. Morey's Piers (the amusement pier operator) owns a couple of really nice hotels, the Pan American and the Port Royal, but both are located in Wildwood Crest. It would be a pretty long walk to the Shore Plaza so you would probably have to do some driving to go back and forth, but those are probably the nicest hotels on the island. They are also both located in a very nice area of Wildwood Crest along the beachfront bike path.

15. Re: Opinions wanted on Wildwood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 05:18