We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going bonkers deciding on a hotel!!!!! please help

Which Wildwood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
going bonkers deciding on a hotel!!!!! please help

I am planning a vacation to wildwood middle of august and have been searching and researching and searching over and over hotels..then i come here and read some awful and good stuff...although some of the opinions were written a year or two ago..not quite sure what to make of it... ive narrowed it down...(to too many) lol..im not a rich person., so i cant go beyond my means..but here is what i narrowed it down to..please help have u ever been to any of these? heard anything? location? and really just how far is the sand to the water? and does it depend on the location you are at? ala moana? armada? belair? caprice? landmark? brittany? aquarius? or any other ideas that i may have missed out on? thanks alot i appreciate every one of your comments and have a great day and wonderful summer...

langhorne, pa
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: going bonkers deciding on a hotel!!!!! please help

thanks angel...i just called seagull and they don't take resv for

one night...so far i found just newport beach...i'm still looking...thanks

new york
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: going bonkers deciding on a hotel!!!!! please help

soph1128,

Just curious, I found the hote, but am asking everyone about discount passes. Can you help.

new york
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: going bonkers deciding on a hotel!!!!! please help

soph1128,

Just curious, I found a hotel, but am asking everyone about discount passes. Can you help?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: going bonkers deciding on a hotel!!!!! please help

The Bel Air is a very well kept family motel. I suggest staying there if your looking for a decent price and a clean comfortable room.

The larger hotels such as the Port Royal and the Pan American are more luxurious, but will cost more.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
31 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: going bonkers deciding on a hotel!!!!! please help

We go every summer and stay at the Sea Kist Motel in Wildwood. It is cheap, quiet, and clean. It is right across the street from the boardwalk and ocean.

Sea Kist Motel

(609) 522-6281

5210 Ocean Ave

Wildwood, NJ 08260

New Jersey
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: going bonkers deciding on a hotel!!!!! please help

We stay in Wildwood every year and have stayed in different hotels. The last two years we have stayed in the Attache. It's nothing fancy but is one of the cleanest around. The walk to the water is moderate. The farther into the crest you go, the shorter the walk. The caprice and landmark look nice but we have not stayed there. What ever you do, do not stay at the Singapore.. it was a very bad experience for my family.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: going bonkers deciding on a hotel!!!!! please help

I've been going to Wildwood with my children for the past 20 years and with my parents my entire life. We have stayed at a lot of places over the years and I still prefer North Wildwood. We are leaving in a couple of weeks but for the past few years we have been renting a home. Some of my favorites were King's Inn, right on the boardwalk at 23rd. Montego Bay or Surf Song Motels, 18th and 19th at Boardwalk. Athens further down at 2nd. (nice and less pricey) There are no streets to cross to get to beach at any of these places. The boardwalk starts at 16th and ends at Cresse Ave in the Crest. While Wildwood proper is undergoing major reconstruction, there are areas that need major improvement and I would not recommend staying there. If anyone has any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them if I am able. I am pretty familiar with most of the hotels in Wildwood. My email is Kira295@aol.com

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: going bonkers deciding on a hotel!!!!! please help

I've been going to Wildwood with my children for the past 20 years and with my parents my entire life. We have stayed at a lot of places over the years and I still prefer North Wildwood. We are leaving in a couple of weeks but for the past few years we have been renting a home. Some of my favorites were King's Inn, right on the boardwalk at 23rd. Montego Bay or Surf Song Motels, 18th and 19th at Boardwalk. Athens further down at 2nd. (nice and less pricey) There are no streets to cross to get to beach at any of these places. The boardwalk starts at 16th and ends at Cresse Ave in the Crest. While Wildwood proper is undergoing major reconstruction, there are areas that need major improvement and I would not recommend staying there. If anyone has any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them if I am able. I am pretty familiar with most of the hotels in Wildwood. My email is Kira295@aol.com

Long Island
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: going bonkers deciding on a hotel!!!!! please help

STAY AT THE WILDWOOD CREST AREA!!! I just got back tonight from wildwood and My mom and I drove around and looked at all the mote/hotels! My opinion are

1. Pan American Hotel

2. Port Royal Hotel

3. Pier 6600

Those are the three that we wanted to stay at but they were booked. Feel free to email me with any questions EvanescenceWingz@aol.com happy to help! I stayed at the Bolero read my review!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: going bonkers deciding on a hotel!!!!! please help

Hi rhonda . cheryl and the rest of all you beach goers. well i did it..im back from Wildwood . we stayed 4 nights 5 days. First of all i would like to say that we stayed at the Seagull motel.Motel and location were good. no complaints except the parking there and the tiny pool. I would stay there or at a hotel like that again..however as far as my first trip to wildwood. Im sorry to say I most likely will not be returning at any time. I found it to be very expensive. Moreso then ocean city maryland and rehobeth. Those taxes are horrible. and there wasnt much to do unless you stayed on the boardwalk or hauled yourself ,,kids...beachstuff, snacks and your own porta potty to the beach..which was what seemed like 2 football fields away. even at the crest end. I didnt find any restaurants to rave about , and the ones that were raved here on this posting wasnt as good as they say..but probably cuz most of them were worse. I was disappointed to find no blue crabs anywhere . My best experience was the Silver Bullet speed boat ride. That was way better than any i have ridden. Cudos to them!! Even the shops were more expensive than at other beach towns for the same things. We did however go to Atlantic city for the day ..i loved that. I tried to like it at wildwood but other than the boat ride i cant really say anything else i enjoyed about it. and as i said before the hotel was just fine. location to the boardwalk was excellent as well. and i did enjoy riding the tram from one end to the other and it wasnt expensive at all. The one in ocean city is $5 either way . So thats my review. If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask. Talk to you all soon. Have a good day all. Thanks for reading.

Get answers to your questions about Wildwood