We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a dinner reccomendation, please

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need a dinner reccomendation, please

Hello, I am from New Jersey, having had spent many summers down there when my children were younger. My youngest son and I paid a one day visit there two weeks ago jsut to walk around and take in the atmosphere. He said he enjoyed it, and I was okay with it, but it is no longer really impressive to me. Anyway he had a nice time and said he would like to go back and treat me to a nice dinner. He is not quite 16. I told him that was not necessary, but he insists. So we are looking for a decent place. We are going tomorow.Of course I don't want to strain his budget. He is asking me where we should go. I am not too familiar with Wildwood anymore so I don't know. Any suggestions ? I think he would enjoy one of the places that has a water view and activity to look out at, but not sure which place to choose becasue I don't want him to spend an exorbbitant amount of money.

I have looked at previous posts but just don't know which place to suggest. We both do like seafood.

Thanks for any help

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a dinner reccomendation, please

I would suggest the Crab House at Two Mile Landing. I visit there a few times when I'm in Wildwood. It's pretty casual, you can look out at the water and the boats docked there, and its reasonable. My favorite is crab cakes!! I'm headed down to Wildwood in September, and I can't wait to eat there!! Hope that helps, enjoy!!!

Pittsburgh, PA
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a dinner reccomendation, please

I agree with the previous poster on the Crab House. You may have to wait a little longer for a seat out on the deck, but it is worth it to watch the sunset. I also recommend Little Italy for a good filling meal, but it is not near the water.

NE PA
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a dinner reccomendation, please

You didn't mention whether you prefer to stay near or on the boardwalk. If so, I would suggest Groff's, even though it does not have a view of the water. They have been a single-family owned business since 1925 (if I recall correctly). It is on Boardwalk and Magnolia, right at the bottom of the Boardwalk ramp. The food is very good and the prices are right. The lobster was the priciest item at $29.95, but it was well worth it--it was high quality lobster tail. The rest of the menu is much cheaper and consists of dishes you normally find at most family-style restaurants. They usually have 2-3 specials each night as well.

Wherever you decide to go, I'm sure it'll be fine as most restaurants try to offer a few lower cost dishes. Your son must be pretty special to want to do this for you. Most kids his age think only of themselves and what Mom can do for them--not what they would like to do for Mom or Dad!.......Gina

4. Re: Need a dinner reccomendation, please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood