We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Imperial 500 Motel..... a good or bad choice?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Imperial 500 Motel..... a good or bad choice?

We were seriously thinking of going to the Imperial 500 Motel as it seems to look the nicest on the beach for the price.

...still, wondering if someone could shed some light on how nice this motel is, in comparison to others there.

While its across the street, it doesn't appear as far from the beach as the others.

If anyone has been here or been by it, to let us know, that would sure help with our decision. It was between this and the Sand Dunes, but this somehow the Imperial looks nicer. (pictures can be deceiving of course! ) LOL

Our main concern is cleanliness of the room, how renovated they are and oceanview.

Hopefully someone will know! We are a family of 4 traveling there in July!

Mentioned in this post
Imperial 500 Motel
Imperial 500 Motel
219 Reviews
Wildwood Crest, NJ
Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Imperial 500 Motel..... a good or bad choice?

IS this a new hotel or an old one with a new name. It doesn't appear anywhere in tripadvisor.

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Imperial 500 Motel..... a good or bad choice?

Hi,

The Imperial 500 is one block from the beach with a southern exposure. You do NOT have a view of the beach. It's an "ok" place...I would give it 2 stars out of five. It needs a facelift.

My family and I have been happy with the Attache. This hotel has more of a family friendly feel to it. I would give it 3 stars out of 5. Attache is on the beach but the rooms still face south. You just need to turn your head to the left and you will have a nice view of the beach. Another benefit to the attache is the fact that you are two or three blocks from the start of the boardwalk.

Have a great stay in Wildwood Crest. Make sure you also take a drive into Cape May.

Scotto

Mentioned in this post
Cape May
Cape May
Cape May County, NJ
Parlin
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Imperial 500 Motel..... a good or bad choice?

Our family stayed at the Imperial 500 two years ago. I like the pool side of the motel. It has two bedrooms. Both bedrooms have tv and double beds so that my two children slept in that room and there was a door that seperated them. My problem with these motels in Wildwood is that they are too much high priced.

To just sleep in a bed for two nights at these prices is crazy.

But the hotel is very clean and the service is excellent.

We will probably be going there this July. Hopefully nothing has changed.

Maybe we'll see you there!

Mentioned in this post
Wildwood
Wildwood
Cape May County, NJ
Bayonne
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Imperial 500 Motel..... a good or bad choice?

Sorry to say I had a horrible experience a couple of years ago at the Imperial 500. We booked our room 6 months in advance. Well the day after we checked in, they told us they overbooked rooms, & we would have to check out for 1 day, and they were sending us up the road to the Aladdin hotel for 1 night, and we could check back in the following day. We were told this in the early PM, ruined a whole day for us. I refused to check into the Aladdin and come back to the Imp 500, so I told the nasty owner woman that she would have to find me rooms in another hotel for the remainder of our whole trip. She made some calls, for it had to be at the same price, finally she got us in the Palm Beach, around the corner. When I got there I noticed several other guests from The Imp 500 were sent there too for the same reasons. Seems to me they had some kind of scam with the overbooking going on. Shifting people around and such. It was an aggravating time, and I will add the rooms were very very small. Never went in the pool, because we were sent away. I hold resentment for this hotel...I'll never forget that day, arguing with the woman & her husband who had the nerve to tell us we have to leave because other people where coming down that reserved our room after a funeral. Just ridiculous. I wanted to refuse to leave, but was so disgusted I stood in the lobby for an hour making the woman find me another hotel. Be Careful where you stay, always check the reviews....most of them are right regarding Wildwood. I have been going there for 35yrs.

Mentioned in this post
Wildwood
Wildwood
Cape May County, NJ
Parlin
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Imperial 500 Motel..... a good or bad choice?

So sorry to hear about your bad experience. I would have been aggravated to say the least. We're not even booking a room this year because of all the rain this year. We;re just going to go up there and hopefully there will be a room for us. I noticed that your from Bayonne. I'm originally from Bayonne. Now I live in Central New Jersey. Not really long of a ride for us so if there isn't any rooms available, we'll just spend a day there and go home.

Get answers to your questions about Wildwood Crest