We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildwood Crest or Cape may

DISTRICT
7 posts
Save Topic
Wildwood Crest or Cape may

Hi.. we are coming up from DC for a beach weekend and are trying to decide if we should do Cape may or Wildwood. We are a couple in our young 30s and like to hang out on the beach and a fun but relaxing nightlife. We are looking at two places -- both very different. The Majestic Star Inn or The Carribean (retro 50s). What have people's experiences been? How fun is the Carribean Hotel? Are there too many children or mostly single/adults?

Also, how far is Wildwood from Cape May?

Northern NJ
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildwood Crest or Cape may

I would definitely recommend Cape May. There are tons of cute hotels, inns, and B&B's. A cute and romantic place for a weekend with plenty of nice restaurants and definitley a relaxing night life.

Wildwood, Wildwood Crest and Cape May all pretty much border each other. Wildwood Crest is between Wildwood and Cape May. Depending on where in the town you leave from it is a 5, 10 or 15 minute drive to Cape May.

There are tons of families in Wildwood and Wildwood Crest. The Crest is a little nicer since the boardwalk ends where the Crest begins. There is less congestion and it gets cleaner the farther south you go.

Go for Cape May.

Howell, NJ
Level Contributor
189 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildwood Crest or Cape may

Cape May is just south of Wildwood Crest. Maybe a 10 minute drive separates the towns.

Wildwood Crest has a very wide beach with fine sand. The beach is free. Mostly families are in Wildwood Crest, but you see many couples of all ages also. Wide range of lodging from small hotels, to larger hotels, and now many condominiums. Wildwood, just north of Wildwood Crest has the long boardwalk.

Cape May is a great town. Many historic bed and breakfast inns. There are quite a few motel/hotels that have a wide range in price.

The Washington Street mall area is great for walking, eating, shopping. The beach in Cape May is much smaller than Wildwood Crest and a fee is charged to go on the beach.

Over the past 10 years, I have stayed in both towns many times. My family prefers to stay in Wildwood Crest because of the tremendous beach, and visit Cape May for a day, afternoon, or evening.

Either way you cannot go wrong.

DISTRICT
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildwood Crest or Cape may

Thanks... we decided to stay at the carribean hotel in wildwood crest. I myself would love to stay in Cape May as i love the bed and breakfast inns and romantic/historic nature of the town but we thought we'd compromise and stay in wildwood crest and go to cape may for the afternoon/evening for dinner.

thanks again

New Jersey
Level Contributor
38 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wildwood Crest or Cape may

You made a good decision with staying at the Caribbean. Iv'e heard nothing but greatness about the historically recognized motel and it's wonderful owners. Prepare yourself for a blast from the past (with all the modern ammenities of course)

5. Re: Wildwood Crest or Cape may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 14:20
Get answers to your questions about Wildwood Crest